How can I merge duplicate records?
Over a period, there may be a chance of accumulating duplicate records. You can search the duplicates and merge them for a better organization of records. There are two features to merge duplicate records.
This feature gives you the option to specify criteria to find duplicate records. There are six fields in which you can specify the criteria in each module. The Find and Merge feature is available only in the Candidates, Clients, and Contacts modules and you can merge a maximum of 3 records at a time.
To merge duplicate records:
- Click the [Module] tab.
- In the [Module] Home page, click the required record.
- In the [Module] Details page, click More Actions > Find & Merge Duplicates.
- In the Find and Merge Duplicate for [records] page, do the following:
- In the Search Criteria section, the matching criteria are displayed.
- Specify additional criteria if required, and then click Search.
- In the Matching Records section, select at least two records to be merged.
- Click Next.
- In the Merge [records] page, select the record that you want to maintain as the Master Record.
The double entries are highlighted. Select the data that is to be retained. You can merge a maximum of 3 records at a time.
- Click Merge.
- The record(s) merged to the master record will be deleted permanently and the action cannot be reverted.
- The attachments and activities will also be transferred to the master record.