When you enable Territories, you can create forecasts based on the territory hierarchy of your organization. Note that once enabled, all the existing forecast will be deleted.
- Each territory can have only one forecast for every quarter/month.
- A manager can be assigned to each territory, failing which the parent territory's manager owns the territory.
- Each user can have multiple forecast targets, one for each territory that the user belongs.
- Only Territory Managers and users with an administrator profile can create forecasts. Users cannot set target for themselves.
- Territory managers can set targets for themselves. If the territory manager's superior changes the target, the territory manager cannot change it.
- If there are three territory hierarchy levels, with a territory manager only for the first level, the manager will be able to:
- Set forecast targets for the first and second levels while creating forecast for a month/quarter.
- Set forecast targets for the third level once the forecast is created The territory manager needs to drill down to the third level to set targets for the users.
- If a territory does not have a manager, the manager of the superior role in the hierarchy can set targets for the users in the sub territories.
- You can create forecast reports based on territories.
To create forecast for a quarter/month:
- Go to the Forecasts module.
- Click on the Create Forecast icon.
The Create Forecast icon will not be available while creating forecast for the first time.
- Select the Territory from the drop-down list.
- Select the month/quarter and the year from the drop-down lists.
Forecast will be created for the selected quarter/month.
- Specify the recruitment Target for the month/quarter.
- Specify the Target for Sub Territories (the next level sub territories).
You can specify the overall target for the territory and also the target for the territory manager. Targets for others users in these territories and sub territories can be set once you create this forecast.
- Specify the target for each User.
Only the users in the top most territory of the hierarchy will be listed. To set targets for user in other territories, you need to drill down to each level in the territory hierarchy.
- Click Save.