How can I edit criteria patterns?
Criteria Pattern Editor helps you define advanced filters using simple logic like and/or.
To edit criteria patterns:
- Click the [Module] tab.
- Select a List View from the drop-down list.
- Click Edit.
- In Edit View page, review your existing criteria and click the Change Pattern link.
- In Pattern Editor box, modify the filters.
- Click Save.
You want to create a view, which displays all candidates added to the database from October 1, having Java as part of their skill set, and their resume status is either New or Associated.
When you specify the above criteria using the Criteria Editor, the criteria pattern will be automatically set as:
(((1 and 2) and 3) or 4).
However, the required pattern is ((1 and 2) and (3 or 4)).
Since the criteria pattern does not match the requirement, you can edit it using the Change Pattern option.
You can use the following characters in the Criteria Pattern Editor:
- Round brackets: ( )
- and/or operators
- Criteria Row Number
- Change pattern option is also available for features like Assignment Rules, Auto Response Rules (Career Website), Add Existing Candidate, and Update Associated Candidate Status where Mass Actions such as update, delete, transfer, email are involved.
- You can specify a maximum of 25 criteria for a list view.
- When the Change Pattern box is open, you cannot add or delete a criteria row under the Specify Criteria section.
- The operator precedence will not be taken into account if you do not specify brackets. For example, if you specify the criteria as 1 or 2 and 3, it will be considered as ((1 or 2) and 3).
- You can change the and or or of the criteria rows and it will be updated in the Editor below.
- You can change the and or or condition in the pattern and it will be updated in the rows above.
- If you specify 1 and 2 and save it, on editing the view the pattern will be shown as (1 and 2). For (1 and 2)or 3 the pattern will be shown as ( (1 and 2) or 3 ).
- If you add more rows in the editor and delete one by one there will be additional brackets displayed in the pattern. For example if there are 5 rows added and you delete the 4th row, it will be shown as ( ( ( ( 1 and 2 ) or 3) ) or 4 ) and if the 3rd row is deleted again it will be shown as ( ( ( ( 1 and 2 ) ) ) or 3 ). If the first row is deleted then it will be shown as ( ( ( ( 1 ) ) ) or 2 ). However, upon saving the criteria, it will become ( 1 or 2 ). ( ( ( 1 and 2 )and 3 ) ) will appear if the last criteria is deleted.
- Make sure that you do not use the following as they are invalid: (), (and), (or)
- If the brackets do not match it will be treated as invalid.
- You will get an error message, if the number of rows and the numbers given in the pattern do not match and also, if there are any missed numbers in the pattern specified.
- Save and Cancel buttons on the custom view will be hidden while editing the criteria pattern.
- In case the final brackets are missing, there will be a difference in the Criteria Patterns Editor and its view mode.