How can I map dependency fields?
There are certain fields whose values depend on another field's value. For example, the values in the State field will depend on the country that you select from the Country field. Similarly, the values for the Sub-Department field will depend on the Department field that you select. You can define this parent-child relationship in two drop down fields.
To map dependencies:
- Click Setup > Customization > Fields.
Module refers to the Candidates, Clients, Contacts, etc. tabs.
- Select the module from the drop-down list and click Map Dependency Fields.
- In the Map Dependency Fields page, click New.
- Select the Parent Field from the drop-down list.
- Select the Child Field from the drop-down list.
- Click Next.
- Select the values for each parent field value.
For example, if the parent field is Country, then, select the States for the selected country.
- Click the Previous or Next links, if required, to map the all the Parent field values to the Child field values.
- Click Save.