How can I create lookup fields?
The lookup field helps in establishing relationship between different modules (linking two different modules: Clients with Contacts) or establishing parent-child relationship with a module. Note that lookup fields cannot be created for Tasks and Events.
Examples of Parent-Child Relationship:
- Parent Client - Member Clients (Doing business with Head Quarter Company and multiple divisions within the company)
- Contact - Member Contacts, Client
- Job Opening - Client, Contact
- Client - Parent Client
- Interview - Candidate, Job Opening, Client and Contact
To create lookup fields:
- Log in to Zoho Recruit with Administrator privileges.
- Click Setup > Customization > Fields.
- Select the module from the drop-down list and click New Custom Field.
Module refers to the Candidates, Clients, Contacts, etc. tabs.
- In [Module] New Custom Field page, select Lookup from the Field Type list.
- In the Field Details section, do the following:
- Enter a name for the lookup field in the Label text box.
- Select the Section Name from the drop-down list where the field should be displayed.
- Select a module from the Lookup Type drop-down. In the field, data from the module selected here, will be listed.
- Enter the Related List Label.
- Select the checkbox to Publish in website.
Note: This checkbox is displayed only if you select the Job Openings module.
- Click Save.