How can I set up autoresponders?
Autoresponders are the solution to send automated replies and follow-up emails to the candidates and contacts. Once you receive a response from the candidate or contact, you have to manually exclude the contacts from the mailing list.
- This feature is available only for the Candiates and Contacts module.
- You can set a maximum of 3 autoresponders and a maximum of 5 follow-ups per autoresponder.
- You can send maximum 250 mass emails per day, per company.
- Custom view selected for the autoresponder must contain new data. If you select a custom view in which data is not new, autoresponder will send the first email to the same old data during subsequent iterations. For example, you can select custom views "Today's Candidates" and "New This Week Contacts" instead of "All Open Candidates" and "Recently Created Candidates". In the Today's Candidates view, data is always updated with the today's data whereas the data in All Open Candidates view may not change frequently.
- While setting up Dynamic type Autoresponders, always select the Custom Views according to the options in the Recurrence Pattern section. If you set the recurrence pattern as By Day, make sure your data in the selected custom view is new every day. Similarly if you select By Week, your data must be a new one for that week before the autoresponder is initiated. If the data used is old, autoresponder will send the first email to the same data during subsequent iterations.
- While executing the autoresponder, system cannot identify the duplicate records. Hence, you are recommended to check for the duplicate contacts and merge with the primary record, before setting up the autoresponder.
- At present, you cannot track the response when customer responds to your email. Hence, you have to manually select the contacts from the mailing list to exclude them from the next follow-up.
- Use the unsubscribe form in the autoresponder email templates. By using unsubscribe form, you can allow the recipients to opt out from your next follow-up and avoid Anti-SPAM complaints. See Also Generate Unsubscribe Form
- After setting up autoresponders, it's better not to change the Custom View, duration of the next follow-up and the follow-up template options.
To set up autoresponders:
- Click the Candidates/Contacts tab.
- In the Candidates/Contacts Home page, click Candidates/Contacts Tools > Autoresponders.
- In the Autoresponders page, click Create Autoresponder.
- In the New Autoresponder page, under the Autoresponder Details section, do the following:
- Enter the Name of the autoresponder.
- Select the owner of the records from the Assigned To pick list.
By default, the field displays the name of the user who creates the autoreponder.
- Select the Custom View to set up the recipient list for the autoresponder.
- Select a Folder for the autoresponder.
- Select Static or Dynamic and specify the corresponding details. (Refer the table for the list of standard fields)
- Static- Autoresponder in which the Follow-up happens on a fixed date.
- Dynamic - Autoresponder in which the Follow-up happens on predefined intervals set by you.
- Under Follow-up Scheduler, do the following:
- Enter the date in the Follow-up Date field.
- Select the Email Template from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
- The autoreponder email will not be sent to the records for which the Email Opt Out is enabled.
- Only when you clear the Email Opt Out check box in the Record's Details page, the autoresponder emails will be sent to those records.