Working with Widgets
Table of Contents
Widgets are components that bring additional functionality to your Zoho Recruit account. Set up widgets to incorporate various external services and make them work in Zoho Recruit.
Currently Zoho Recruit supports 4 types of Widgets. They are the ones which are added to: Custom Buttons, Related Lists, WebTabs and Home Page Dashboards.
Using the Zoho CLI, you can create, run, test and package your widgets. Following up after packaging, you would have to host the widget application on a server to make it run. There are two ways in which the application can be hosted - Internal and External. Zoho CLI is the command line interface which uses Zoho's servers to host the App internally. Similarly, the app can be hosted externally using any other web hosting site and made ready for production.
Your application's static contents can be hosted using Zoho. With the help of Zoho's CLI, you can create, develop, test and package your widgets. Furthermore, running the widgets through internal hosting doesn't require you to have your application elsewhere.
It requires uploading the files of the application in zip format. In general, for applications that are created personally by the User can be added as a widget using Internal hosting.
Some services are available from other sources as they allow you to use their softwares from their websites. You can make the applications from there be available within Zoho recruit by calling the website link.
Adding a Widget
To add a widget:
- Click Setup > Developer Space > Widgets.
- Click Create your First Widget.
- In the following pop-up,
- Give the widget a Name (mandatory.)
- Provide a description about the widget (optional).
- Select the preferred Widget type.
- Select the preferred Hosting type.
- To host the application internally:
- Select Zoho from the Hosting drop-down.
- Click Upload.
- Select the compressed(ZIP) file of your application.
- Provide the Index URL of your application.
- To host the application from external sources:
- Select External from the Hosting drop-down.
- Enter the URL of the website to which the application is hosted.
- Click Save.
- The maximum size limit for the ZIP file is 25MB.
Using a Widget
Once the widget is added to your Zoho Recruit account, it can be used from the component to which it was associated to.
Widget in a Custom Button
Custom Buttons is a feature in Zoho Recruit where you can invoke certain actions to be performed upon click. That includes functions, webhooks and more. Since a widget can be incorporated into a function, it can be triggered using a custom button.