How to import a bank statement?
To import a bank statement, please follow the steps provided below :
- Go to the Banking tab and select the appropriate bank account.
- Click Import Statement button in the bank transaction list page
- Select the Choose File option and select your file to be uploaded. You can import the statements in five file formats - CSV, TSV, OFX, QIF and CAMT.053.
- Click the dropdown under the Amount Column Type section:
- Select Double Column if your import file has two different columns recording deposits and withdrawals in it.
- Select Single Column and Amount Type if your import file has a single column indicating a debit (withdrawal) or a credit (deposit) transaction and a separate column for the amount.
- Select Single Column with Negative Values if your import file has just one column where positive values indicate deposits and negative values indicate withdrawals.
- Select the encoding of your choice and click Next.
- Match the fields with the Import File Headers and hit Next.
In case file with Double Column:
In case of a file with Single Column and Amount Type:
In case of a file with Single Column and Negative Values:
- Check the preview and select Import.