Right after creating a project, you break down your plan into workable entities called Tasks. These tasks are assigned to the users in your project and it is accomplished within a defined period of time. You need not juggle around with multiple tasks instead Zoho Projects will prioritize and help you manage all the tasks. You can copy a task, set duration, priority, reminders, set recurring frequency etc. And, when you complete a task it's easy to mark it as complete and store it in the closed tasks. After completing a task, you may want to edit it, if so you can do it by reopening the task again. Take a quick glance on how you can work with tasks.
- Click Projects, select the required project and then click Tasks.
- Click Add Task in the upper-right corner.
- Enter the task details and then click Save to add a new task.
While adding new tasks, you can now, attach and share screenshots of any web page or screen related to the task using the screen-grabber option. Click found in the right end of Drop files or add attachments here, and paste or attach the required image, and then click Done to upload the screenshot. An inbuilt draw tool lets you highlight what is important and blackout what you don’t want in the screenshot.
- In Task List choose a task list from the Internal option if you want to display the task only to your portal users. However, if you want to collaborate and display the task with client users, you must associate a task list from the External option.
- You can also add tasks using the Add Task link. In addition, you can create tasks right within the Home page. To do this, click View More in My Tasks.
- To set duration for a task instead of End Date, click Enter Duration and enter the number of days in Duration.
- If the Start Date of the recurring task occurs on a holiday or a weekend, the previous working day is automatically set as the Start Date. This option is enabled only if the Recurring frequency of the task is set to Monthly or Yearly.
In the selected project, click open the required task in Tasks to edit. You can edit the task in Classic, Plain and Kanban view. You can modify task details such as task comments, description, subtasks, log hours, documents, forums, and so on. While editing the comments, if you want to attach files or screenshots of any web page, just click screen grab in Drop files or add attachments here and paste the required image, then click Done to upload the screenshot. It's an inbuilt draw tool lets you highlight what is important and blackout what you don’t want in the screenshot.
- While you edit, you can also navigate to the next task or task lists.
Likewise, you can also delete a task. Select the task and click in the upper-right corner. This deletes the tasks along with the associated timesheet entries and delinks the set dependencies (if any).
Zoho Projects supports 4 different type of task view: Classic, Plain, Kanban, and Dependency.
|Classic||Default view for task lists and tasks. You can customize your columns in the classic view.|
|Plain||This view is sorted based on due date. It displays all tasks and its dependencies with the task level.|
|Kanban||Kanban cards are an easy, dynamic way to create and visualize your workflows. Task lists and tasks are visually arranged, so every team member knows the tasks and subtasks in every task list.|
In this view you can see those tasks that are dependent on other tasks. The predecessor tasks and successor tasks are displayed in an order.
You can now import XLS/JSON/CSV files into Zoho Projects and start collaborating.
- Click and then choose Import Task.
- Click Choose File and then select the desired file to import.
- Click Import to import the file.
- Associate the imported file with their corresponding task fields and then click Continue.
- A warning message about applying default values to mismatched fields is displayed.
- Choose the required option in Import XLS Wizard to schedule the import.
A sample scheduled import and its XLS file is shown below:
- All the task list available in the imported file are listed in the Classic View.
- If you map the TASK OWNER to the corresponding xls field, and continue to import, the Import XLS File wizard is displayed. In this wizard, you can choose to leave the tasks unassigned or associate the xls users to project users.
While importing, if you map only the TASK LIST ID, the corresponding task list alone is imported, even if there are identical task list names. However, if you map the TASK LIST NAME, all the available task list with the given task list name are imported irrespective of their task list ID.
|TASKLIST ID||TASKLIST NAME||Mapped Field Name||Imported Tasklist|
|1234||Edit Template||Tasklist ID||Edit Template -1234|
|5678||Edit Template||Tasklist Name||Edit Template-1234 and Edit Template-5678|
Sorting tasks helps you to focus on specific information for any desired column in project management. In Classic View, you can sort tasks. Click and then select the desired column criteria to sort tasks based on its Priority, Start Date, End Date, Created by and % Completed.
- The columns displayed for sorting in Classic View are based on the columns selected in Customize Column.
- You can sort only parent / main tasks.