Zoho Projects allows you to do various operations with a tasks. You can copy, move, reorder, and close tasks. In addition, you can also start recording your log hours with the stopwatch and also save the task as a template in templates gallery for future use. Furthermore, you can export tasks in the desired formats (xls/csv). Learn More about the basics of task in Zoho Projects.
- Copy tasks
- Enable update option for tasks
- Edit tasks inline
- Mark a task complete
- Reopen a completed task
- Reorder tasks
- Customize task columns
- Task timer
- Set task work hours
- Export tasks
- Recurring tasks
- Task reminders
- Related Topics
Hover over the task list name, click and then choose Copy Task to copy the task(s).
You can copy the same task more than once.
- Example: If you, enter the number of times as 3 your tasks will be copied three times.
- You can find the Copy Task option only from the Task list menu.
If you want to edit the details of your task, you can edit and update it in a single click. Here is the Update option that can be handy. Just, select the checkbox next to the task and enable the Update option. You can update tasks one by one or in bulk. You can close, prioritize, modify the task owner or move tasks to another tasklist.
Inline editing allows you to edit a task directly in the page you view, instead of editing in a separate page. You can edit the text in the same page where it is displayed. If you have created a task without specifying some fields like Start Date, Duration and so on, you can later make changes directly in the task row without opening the task. To add a start date for a task, you just need to click the down arrow and select the date.
When you have completed a task, you must mark the task as complete so that you can track your project deliverable. To do this, just select to open the required task and then click the Mark as complete button in the upper-right corner. Now this task is moved to the closed category and to view all the closed task, just filter the Closed category and fetch the results.
Sometimes you might need to enhance an already finished task or rework on a completed task. In such instances, you can reopen the closed or completed tasks.
- Select in the upper-right corner and choose Closed in Status.
- Click Find to filter the closed tasks.
- Select Reopenthe task in the upper-right corner to reopen the closed task.
You can rearrange the tasks based on the priority of the work. Just click Reorder in the bottom of the task to reorder the tasks. Now, drag and drop the tasks and click Save Order to save the new order.
You can customize task columns by choosing columns based on your project preference. Click in the left corner and select the columns that you prefer. You have a Default and Compact view in Customize Column to change the view.
You can set timers for your tasks to accurately calculate the time taken to complete a task. You can set timers only for your tasks or tasks assigned to you.
- Log entries are automatically tracked in timesheet as billable hours. Learn More.
- Click New Task in the upper-right corner to add a new task.
- Click Set Work and enter the work hours in total or work hours per day or work percentage per day.
- Enter the other task details and click Add.
You can use the Set Work option in tasks to set working hours for the task. This can be done in the following 3 ways:
- Work hours per day - You can set work hours per day for the task owner. The hours per day is the number of hours, work must be done on each day of the task span. If the work per day is 4 hours for a span of 5 days, then the task takes 20 hours.
- Work % per day -You can set the work percentage for the task owner for each day. If the business hours per day is 8 hrs, and the resource is allocated only 50%, then the work per day is 4 hours.
- Work hours - You can set the total work hours for the task owner. And the work per day is automatically calculated based on the task duration. If the task owner is allotted a total of 20 hrs, and the duration of the task is 5 days, then the work per day is automatically set as 4 hours per day.
You can edit the set work hours option in tasks if required. In the Task details page (Click open a task to view its Task details page) of the selected task, edit the Work option available in the bottom right and select Set task duration as work in Update Work, to revert the work hours, to task duration. Also in the Classic view, you can edit the WORK column inline and select Set task duration as work in Update Work.
In the Classic view of tasks, you can view the planned work hours and actual hours taken to complete the task. The Work and Time Log columns indicate if you have logged less or more hours than the planned work hours. A green arrow in the Time Log column indicates that you have logged less than the planned hours displayed in the Work column. And a red arrow indicates that you have exceeded the planned hours.
Select the required project in Projects and click the Task module. Now, click in the upper-right corner and select Export Task. Enter the details in the Export Task form and select Export to export the task to the project. You can export your tasks in XLS or CSV format, and save the exported tasks to your personal desktop or share it with your project team. Also, you can click Show export history to view the task export details.
- You can also export tasks from My Tasks. Select Home and click View More in My Tasks. Now, click and select Export Task.
You can create a task and recreate it anytime using the Recurring functionality in Zoho Projects. When the same set of tasks gets repeated after a couple of days, months and year, you can set it as a recurring task so that it automatically gets recreated after a designated period of time.You can set recurring details for a task while creating or editing a task.
- Click open a required task to make it recurring to create a new task.
- Set the Recurring Frequency and Occurrences in Set Recurring Frequency.
- Click Make it Recurring to define the recurring frequency. This creates a recurring task for the chosen number of occurrences.
You can enable the Set to previous business day option, to automatically set the previous day as the Start Date for the task, if the Start Date of the recurring task occurs on a holiday or a weekend. This option is enabled only if the Recurring frequency of the task is set to Monthly or Yearly.
You can also set the recurring frequency for tasks without any defined limit. The No End Date option helps in defining the limitless occurrence.
If you're working on multiple tasks, you need a reminder to know the start and end dates of the tasks. Setting up a reminder will constantly remind you by sending timely email notifications. With task reminders in Zoho Projects, you don't miss a single task.
- Click the Tasks module and select Add Task to create a new task.
- Click Set Reminders to create your reminders and in Reminder Options choose the required days.
- Select Save.
- In Remind on, if you select:
- None: There are no reminder mails for these tasks.
- Daily: Reminder mail for a task is triggered daily from the scheduled date in Start Date until the Due on date. (Mail notification is sent every day, from the selected start date until its due date.) Also, based on Business Hours settings, reminder mails are sent even if the task Start Date and End Date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- On Same Day: Reminder mail for task is triggered only on the scheduled Due on date. (Mail notification is sent only on the task due date.) Also, based on Business Hours settings, reminder mails are sent even if the task Due on date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- day(s): You can set reminder mails to be triggered any desired number of days, ahead of the scheduled Due on date. For example, you can set reminder mails to be triggered 3 days before the Due on date. Also, based on Business Hours settings, if you have skipped weekends in your settings, reminder mails are calculated and sent skipping the weekend or holiday.
The reminder for the task is successfully updated. An email is also automatically triggered for the set time period. However, you cannot set reminders for elapsed date in Zoho Projects.