Zoho Projects allows you to do various operations with a tasks. You can copy, move, reorder, and close tasks. In addition, you can also start recording your log hours with the stopwatch and also save the task as a template in templates gallery for future use. Furthermore, you can export tasks in the desired formats (xls/csv). Learn More about the basics of task in Zoho Projects.
- Copy tasks
- Enable update option for tasks
- Move tasks
- Edit tasks inline
- Mark a task complete
- Reopen a completed task
- Reorder tasks
- Customize task columns
- Task timer
- Set task work hours
- Export tasks
- Recurring tasks
- Task reminders
- Related Topics
Hover the mouse over the task list name, click the Action Menu and then choose Copy Task to copy the task(s).
You can copy the same task more than once.
- Example: If you, specify the number of times as 3 your tasks will be copied three times.
- You can find the Copy Task option only from the Tasklist menu.
In Classic View, select the check box next to the task to enable the Update option.
You can update tasks one by one or in bulk. You can close, prioritize, modify the task owner or move tasks.
With the Move Task option, you can instantly move a task(s) from one task list into another task list.
In Classic View, select the check box next to the task to enable the Update option.
Click Move to move the tasks into another task list.
Inline editing allows you to edit a task directly in the page you view, instead of editing in a separate page. You can edit the text in the same page where it is displayed. If you have created a task without specifying some fields like Start Date, Duration and so on, you can later make changes directly in the task row without opening the task. To add a start date for a task, you just need to click the down arrow and select the date.
When you have completed a task, you must mark the task as completed so that you can track your project deliverable.
In Classic View, select to open the required task and then click the Mark as complete button in the top right corner to move the task to Closed category.
You can filter the tasks based on Closed task status and then view all the closed tasks.
Sometimes you might need to enhance an already finished task or rework a completed task. In such instances, you can reopen closed or completed tasks.
In Classic View, apply filters, and in Status select Closed and then click Find to filter closed tasks.
Click on the required struck off or closed tasks to open the task and then click the Reopen the task button in the top right corner to reopen your task.
You could have added a series of tasks initially and later might want to rearrange them based on the priority of work.
In Classic View, click Reorder to reorder the tasks.
Drag and drop the tasks to reorder and then click Save Order to save the new order.
You can customize task columns by choosing columns based on your project preference. In Classic view, click Other actions and then choose Customize Column.
You can also clear the columns that are already selected, if you do not wish to view them and select your task columns. In Default View, the tasks displayed are few, whereas in Compact View, you can view many tasks.
You can set timers for your tasks to accurately calculate the time taken to complete a task. You can set timers only for your tasks or tasks assigned to you.
- Log entries are automatically tracked in timesheet as billable hours. Learn More.
You can use the Set Work option in tasks to set working hours for the task. This can be done in the following 3 ways:
- Work hours per day - You can set work hours per day for the task owner. The hours per day is the number of hours, work must be done on each day of the task span. If the work per day is 4 hours for a span of 5 days, then the task takes 20 hours.
- Work % per day -You can set the work percentage for the task owner for each day. If the business hours per day is 8 hrs, and the resource is allocated only 50%, then the work per day is 4 hours.
- Work hours - You can set the total work hours for the task owner. And the work per day is automatically calculated based on the task duration. If the task owner is allotted a total of 20 hrs, and the duration of the task is 5 days, then the work per day is automatically set as 4 hours per day.
If you do not set the work hours, then your task work = task duration * number of resources assigned for the task.
In Tasks, in Classic view, click New Task at the top right corner and add a new task.
Click Set Work and specify the work hours in total or work hours per day or work percentage per day. You can now specify other task details and then click Add to add the task.
You can edit the set work hours option in tasks, if required. In the Task details page (Click open a task to view its Task details page) of the selected task, edit the Work option available at the bottom right and select Set task duration as work in Update Work, to revert the work hours, to task duration. Also in the Classic view, you can edit the WORK column inline and select Set task duration as work in Update Work.
In the Classic view of tasks, you can view the planned work hours and actual hours taken to complete the task. The Work and Time Log columns indicate, if you have logged less or more hours than the planned work hours. A green arrow in the Time Log column, indicates that you have logged less than the planned hours displayed in the Work column. And a red arrow indicates that you have exceeded the planned hours.
In Classic View, click Other actions and then click Export Task.
You can export your tasks in XLS or CSV format, and save the exported tasks in your personal desktop or share it with your project team. Also, you can click Show export history to view the task export details.
- You can also export tasks from My Tasks.
Recurring tasks are tasks that allow you to create a task once, and then have it recreated automatically after a designated time period. You can set recurring details for a task, while creating or editing a task.
Click open an existing task or create a new task to make it recurring.
Click Make it Recurring to define the recurring frequency. This creates a recurring task for the chosen number of occurrence.
You can enable the Set to previous businessday option, to automatically set the previous day as the Start Date for the task, if the Start Date of the recurring task occurs on a holiday or a weekend. This option is enabled only if the Recurring frequency of the task is set to Monthly or Yearly.
You can also set the recurring frequency for tasks without any defined limit. The No End Date option helps in defining the limitless occurrence.
A task reminder is an extremely useful feature that constantly reminds of everything that is absolutely necessary in your work. With task reminders in Zoho Projects, now you can stay on top of what's going on through timely email reminders, so you don't miss a thing that is very important in your project.
Click on the desired task to edit or create a new task to set the reminder.
Click Remind on and then select the desired option to set reminders.
- In Remind on, if you select:
- None: There are no reminder mails for these tasks.
- Daily: Reminder mails for task is triggered daily from the scheduled date in Start Date until the Due on date. (Mail notification is sent every day, from the selected start date until its due date.) Also, based on Business Hours settings, reminder mails are sent even if the task Start Date and End Date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- On Same Day: Reminder mail for task is triggered only on the scheduled Due on date. (Mail notification is sent only on the task due date.) Also, based on Business Hours settings, reminder mails are sent even if the task Due on date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- day(s): You can set reminder mails to be triggered for any desired number of days, ahead of the scheduled Due on date. For example, you can set reminder mails to be triggered 3 days before the Due on date. Also, based on Business Hours settings, if you have skipped weekends in you settings, reminder mails are calculated and sent skipping the weekend or holiday.
The reminder for the task is successfully updated. An email is also automatically triggered for the set time period. However, you cannot set reminders for elapsed date in Zoho Projects.