Record Working Hours in Timesheet
Time spent on tasks, which can be billed per working hour per day for the client are billable hours. On the other hand time spent on tasks that cannot be billed to the client are non-billable hours.
- Log time - Daily
- Log time - Weekly
- Edit / delete log entry
- Timesheet approval process
- Add note(s) for time entry
- Related Topics
- Navigate to Projects and select your project.
- Click Timesheet in the left menu.
- Click Add log time at the top right corner.
- Select Log Time to log your effort on a daily basis.
- Specify the fields Date, Users, Task/Bug,Hours, and Billing status accordingly.
- It is also possible to enter the log hours for activities other than tasks and bugs. Click the Enter Other Log Entries link and specify the general activity details.
- Click Select Task to log hours for tasks and bugs as usual.
- Click Add to proceed.
- Navigate to Projects->your project->Timesheet.
- Click Add log time and select Weekly Log time.
- Specify the log details.
- Click Save and Add New to proceed.
- To add any number of extra rows to log effort ,click +Add Row link which is at the left bottom of the fifth row.
- Click the left and right arrows at the top right corner of the timesheet to view the previous and next week effort respectively.
Supported Time Entry Formats :
Earlier, the only supported format of time entry was with a colon i,e 3:30. We've now extended that further to include support for more time entry formats. For Example, if you enter 3.75, our timesheets automatically interprets the entered time as 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- In Timesheet , under the List view, hover the mouse over the log to edit.
- Click the Action menu.
- Choose to edit or delete the entry accordingly.
You can now set an approval process for timesheets, to streamline approvals and billing for the time logs.
In Home, click Setup at the top right corner next to Notification, click Org Settings and in Portal Configuration, scroll to view the TIMESHEET APPROVAL PROCESS. You can set the timesheet approval process for your timesheet by choosing the option Submit with Approval or Submit without Approval. And timesheet entries can be approved only by the Admin and Project Managers.
Submit without Approval : If you select this option, all your timesheet entries need no approval for billing. They will be billed automatically.
Submit with Approval : If you select this option, the timesheet entries need approval for billing. Unapproved entries are displayed as notifications in red, on the Timesheet icon inside the respective project.
You must select a timesheet entry to enable Approve Timesheet Entry and the entry can be approved as a single item or in bulk.
Unapprove an already approved timesheet entry: If you want to unapprove a timesheet entry that is already approved, uncheck the checkbox to update the entry as unapproved.
In List view the timesheet entries can be filtered based on their approval status for billing. Also while generating the invoice, only the approved timesheet entries are billed.
In Home, click Setup at the top right corner next to Notification, click Org Settings and in Portal Configuration, scroll to view the TIMESHEET BILLING STATUS. You can set the default billing status for your timesheet entries by choosing the option Billable or Non Billable in Settings.
And based on the selected option, the default billing status is displayed when you log time in your timesheet.
In Timesheet, in the List view, hover the mouse over the required log entry, click the action menu and then click Show Comments. The Show Comments option is enabled only when you add notes to the log entry.