Frequently Asked Questions in Tasks & Tasklists
- Can I move tasks between projects?
- How can I forward emails and attachments to tasks?
- Is it possible to assign material and labour costs (hours) to tasks within a project?
- How can I import the tasks from a MPP file format?
- Do I have the privilege to delete tasks?
- Do you have a report that displays the tasks assigned to a single person?
- How can I see the tasks assigned, only to me?
- Can I view the overlapping tasks?
- Is it possible to share a tasklist (that is not associated to any milestone) to my clients?
- Can I try the subtasks feature without paying?
- How can I convert a task to a subtask and vice-versa?
- How to reorder tasklists?
- How do I associate an existing tasklist to a milestone?
1. Can I move tasks between projects?
2. How can I forward emails and attachments to tasks?
When you open a task, you will see the Task Mail Address at the bottom. Copy the address and use it to forward emails and attachments to tasks. Learn More.
3. Is it possible to assign material and labour costs (hours) to tasks within a project?
No. You cannot assign material costs and labor costs (hours) for the tasks within a project.
4. How can I import the tasks from a MPP file format?
Using the Import MPP option, you can import files. For this, you need to click the Projects tab in Home and select the Import MPP option. Learn More.
5. Do I have the privilege to delete tasks?
Yes. You can delete tasks if you are the Portal Owner, Admin or a Manager and task owner.
6. Do I have a report that displays the tasks assigned to a single person?
The Gantt Chart allows you to see the list of tasks assigned to each user for the previous/current month, current year and any custom period. And the Task Reports allows you to see the count of tasks for each project user in that project. Learn More. In a few minutes, you will get to know, how Gantt Charts benefit your projects.
7. How can I view the tasks assigned only to me?
My Tasks section in the home page allows you to see all the tasks assigned to you across all the projects in the portal.
8. Can I view overlapping tasks?
The Resource Utilization chart displays the list of tasks assigned to you and your team members. This chart might help you in understanding the overlapping tasks. Check our guide here.
9. Is it possible to share a tasklist (that is not associated to any milestone), to my clients?
Yes, you can flag a tasklist as external and share it with your clients. Learn More.
10. Can I try the subtasks feature without paying?
Sub-Task feature is supported only in the Premium and Enterprise plan. If your Zoho Projects account is in the Free plan, you cannot find the sub-tasks feature. However, we can activate either of the supported editions in your account for a 15-day trial. If you prefer to avail the sub-tasks feature, all you need to do is to drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How can I convert a task to a subtask and vice-versa?
Conversion of task to subtask and vice-versa becomes easy now. Run a quick read through on our user guide. For easy understanding, have a look at the video.
12. How to reorder tasklists?
When you have a list of tasklists and you want to set the priority for accomplishing each of them, then you can reorder the tasklists according to your preference. Learn more.
13. How do I associate an existing tasklist to a milestone?
- Click the requisite task list and select the Other Actions icon (the wheel icon available right next to your tasklist).
- Select the Edit Tasklist and choose the milestone from the Related Milestone drop down.