Frequently Asked Questions in Bug Tracker
- Is bug tracking module available as part of free plan?
- What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for my project?
- Is it possible to import the custom fields for bugs within a project?
- How to configure issue, status and workflow for my bug tracker?
- Is there a consolidated view to see the bugs assigned to me across all projects?
- Is it possible for the client users to change the status of the bugs?
- Is there a way to associate a bug/defect to a task?
- Can I create Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for my bugs?
- Is it possible to link two bugs?
- Is it possible to rename bugs tab and bugs icon?
1. Is bug tracking module available as part of free plan?
Yes, the bug tracking feature is available in the free plan. But, you can access the Bugs module only in a single project.
2. What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for my project?
Business Rule is a filter that you will apply to your bugs to organize them. You can define Business Rules that will enable you to classify the bugs and perform actions such as changing the severity, status, module, classification and assigning the bug to a user. Business Rule will be triggered when the bug matches the defined business rule criteria. Learn More.
3. Is it possible to import the custom fields for bugs within a project?
Yes. we do have a option to import the bugs along with custom fields. The supported file formats are XLS, XLSX and CSV file.
4. How to configure issue, status and workflow for my bug tracker?
Each issue has a status, which indicates the development stage of the issue. The following are the default status:
- Open - All issues which are posted newly will be assigned to the Open status by default.
- In progress - All the issues that are under progress.
- To be tested - All the issues that are to be tested.
- Closed - All the issues that are resolved and tested.
- Reopen - All the issues that are reopened from the closed status. The issues that are in the reopen status can be moved to the In progress or Resolved or Closed status.
You can modify the status as per your requirement. In addition, you can reorder the status using the drag and drop option. Further, you can delete the existing statuses too (Default status cannot be deleted). Learn More.
5. Is there a consolidated view to see the bugs assigned to me across all projects?
Yes. My Bugs view provides a consolidated view of bugs assigned to you across all the projects.
6. Is it possible for the client users to change the status of the bugs?
Yes. The client user will be able to change the bug status only if a bug is assigned to them.
To assign a bug to the client user, the following two conditions should be accomplished:
1. The Assign external bugs to client users option must be enabled: Once you are in the Bugs module, click Bug Settings --> Configuration menu and enable this option.
2. The bug's flag must be external: You will be able to see the list of client users while filing the bug only when the External flag option is chosen. Learn More.
7. Is there a way to associate a task to bug(s)?
Yes, you can associate a task to a bug and vice versa. Learn More.
8. Can I create Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for my bugs?
Yes, you can create as many SLA rules as desired for the bugs. Learn More.
9. Is it possible to link two bugs?
Yes, it is possible to link a bug with one or more other bugs using the Link Bugs tab. You can specify the link type as one of "blocks","depends on", "is related to","is duplicate of". Learn More.
10. Is it possible to rename the bugs tab and bugs icon ?
Yes, you can rename your bugs tab and icon. To do this:
- Click the Org Settings in your project page.
- In the Rename bugs tab, enter the bug name that you wish and then select the icon.