- Is bug tracking module available as part of free plan?
- Can I file bugs for all the projects from paid plans?
- What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for my project?
- Is there an option to create modules?
- How to set customized severities for my bug tracker?
- Can I associate a bug with an existing milestone?
- Is there a consolidated view to see the bugs filed by me / assigned for me?
- Is it possible for the client users to change the status of the bugs?
- Is there a way to associate a bug/defect to a task?
- Can I change the custom fields order, while submitting a bug?
- Can I reorder the bug fields?
- Can I create Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for my bugs?
- Is it possible to link two bugs?
1. Is bug tracking module available as part of free plan?
Yes, bug tracking is available in the free plan but you can access the Bugs module only for one project in Zoho Projects.
2. Can I file bugs in all the projects from the paid plans?
Yes! You can file bugs in all the projects available in our paid plans, provided you also purchase our bugs add-on along with the respective paid plan. Otherwise, you can access the Bugs module for only one project in Zoho Projects. Head to our Plans and Pricing page to know more details.
3. What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for my project?
Business Rule is a filter that you will apply to your bugs to organize them. You can define Business Rules that will enable you to classify the bugs and perform action such as changing the severity, status, module, classification and assigning the bug to a user. Business Rule will be triggered when the bug matches the defined business rule criteria.
4. Is there an option to create modules?
Yes. The portal administrator is the only person who can create a module for your bug tracking module.
5. How to configure issue status and workflow for my bug tracker?
Each issue has a status, which indicates the development stage of the issue. The following are the default statuses:
- Open - All issues which are posted newly will be assigned the Open status by default.
- In progress - The owner of the issue is working on the issue.
- To be tested - The issue is to be tested.
- Closed - Resolved and Tested issues, fixes for which are brought into runtime.
- Reopen - Closed/To be tested issues are reopened. From reopened status, the issue can be moved to In progress or Resolved or Closed.
You can modify the statuses as per your requirement. In addition, you can reorder the status using the drag and drop option. Further, you can delete the existing statuses too (Default status cannot be deleted).
6. Can I associate a bug with an existing milestone?
Yes. You can associate a bug to an existing milestone when submitting an issue. Learn More.
7. Is there a consolidated view to see the bugs filed by me or assigned to me?
Yes. My Bugs view provides a consolidated view of bugs filed by you or assigned to you for a project.
8. Is it possible for the client users to change the status of the bugs?
Yes. The client user will be able to change the bug status only when they are assigned to the bug.
To assign the bug to the client user, the following two conditions must be met:
1. The Assign external bugs to client users option must be enabled: Once you are in the Bugs module, click Bug Settings --> Configuration menu and enable this option.
2. The bug's flag must be external: You will be able to see the list of client users while filing the bug only when the External flag option is opted.
9. Is there a way to associate a task to bug(s)?
Yes, you can associate a task to a bug and vice versa. Learn More.
10. Can I change the custom fields order, while submitting a bug?
No, you cannot change the order of custom fields.
11. Can I reorder the bug fields?
Yes, you can reorder the bug fields. Learn More.
12. Can I create Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for my bugs?
Yes, you can create as many SLA rules as desired for the bugs. Learn More.
13. Is it possible to link two bugs?
Yes, it is possible to link a bug with one or more other bugs under the Link Bugs tab. You can specify the link type as one of "blocks","depends on", "is related to","is duplicate of". Learn More.