Gmail Contextual Gadgets
Zoho Projects Gmail Contextual Gadget greatly accelerates user adoption by bringing the application directly to the user in context with their project work flow. In addition, it drastically improves productivity, saves lot of time and makes it much easier to see the benefits for your team.
Table of Contents
Add tasks, post topics, file bugs and log hours in timesheet from Gmail
Log into your Google Mail. Click any email and at the bottom you can find Zoho Projects gadgets enabled for your Google Apps domain along with an array of options like New Task, New Forum, File a bug and Timesheet.
- Click New Task link
- This opens the new task form
- Type the task name, select tasklist name and choose task owners
- Set start and end date using Advanced Options link (optional)
- Click Add Task button
This creates a new task under the specified project. If you had selected the start and end dates then tasks are added along with the dates in Zoho Projects.
- Click New Forum link
- This opens the new forum form
- Type post title, category and type contents in content area
- Click Add Forum button
This creates a new forum topic under the specified project in Zoho Projects.
- Click Timesheet link
- This opens the new timesheet form
- Select the task, specify the date and billable hours
- Click Add Time button
This logs the time for that task under Timesheets of a project.
- Click File a Bug link
- This opens the new file a bug form
- Type the bug title, description, specify the date
- Choose the severity and classification for the bug
- Select the project for which the bug has to be filed
- Click Submit button
This files a new bug from the gmail for the selected project.
- Click New Project link
- This opens the new project form
- Type the project name and description
- Select to add users for this project
- Click Add Project button
This creates a new project from the gmail
- Log into the Google Apps domain and access the Dashboard
- Click Organization and Users tab
- Click the domain name listed on the left side of the page
- Click Services link, displayed to the right side of Users tab
- Look out for Zoho Projects in the list of services and click OFF button
- Go to Gmail. Click any email to find the gadget disabled for all emails
If you want to have the gadget enabled for certain users, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click Add Suborganization button, displayed on the right side of the page
- Look out for the Zoho Projects service and click Override this setting link
- Click ON button and then click Save changes button
- Add the required users to the newly create sub-organization