If your team needs to communicate outside of the office, across vast distances, or with a lot of people, a forum is the perfect facilitator. With an online interactive forum, you can post a topic, discuss critical ideas and help retain knowledge in a central place. Any group project involves discussions, and unlike emails, all forum topics are available in a central location. Through forums, exchanging information with colleagues can make big ideas come alive.
- Start a New Discussion
- Engage Project Users
- Organize Topic Across Categories
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Watch/Unwatch Topics
- Improve decision making through access to relevant knowledge.
- Interact with team members scattered across the globe.
- Escalate critical bugs and get a instant solutions from experts.
- Tap the knowledge, skills, and ideas in your team from a single place.
Open a new thread and post an idea so your team members can participate and share comments, or post a review process and check your team's opinion before implementation. In Zoho Projects, you can view the Forum in the List or Expanded view.
- Select the required project and then click Forums.
- Click New Forum Post in the upper-right corner, to create a new forum post.
- Enter the following information in the appropriate fields: Title for your forum, type a brief on your title in the Content section, attach files, choose a Category (if any), enable the Make it as sticky post or Make this as an announcement, and select the users whom you want to notify on the forum post.
- Click Save to post the forum.
A new forum topic will posted and discussions can start right away. When you announce a forum post, all project users will be notified (client users will not be able to view announcements), whereas if you choose to make it a sticky post, it will only notify selected users. Your announcements and sticky posts will be listed on the right panel in the Forums module.
You can edit or delete the forum topic. To do this, just click the Forums module and you can see all the forum topics that you have posted. Now, select Edit or Delete in the bottom of your forum topic.
Post a forum topic and engage with users to share their ideas as comments. You can view the total number of replies, post a new reply, or update comments that you've posted.
Click Post a reply at the bottom of a forum topic.
Select a forum topic and click Post a reply in the upper-right corner.
You can view the replies and comments from other team members in the List View. Select a forum post and scroll down to view the replies or view the count of replies right next to the forum post.
After posting a reply, you may want to edit it. To edit your comments, just select a forum topic and click Edit to update your comment Delete to remove it.
You can organize forum topics within their categories, making it easier to sort, view, and reply to forum posts.
Select the required project in Projects, and then click Forums. Click the Add Category link in the upper-right corner to create a new category. You can organize topics belonging to a particular category in different folders.
Select the required project in the Projects, and then click Forums. Hover over the required category in Categories to the right side to enable the Edit Category and Delete Category link. You can now choose to Edit or Delete your category. When you delete a category all it's associated forum topics and comments will also be deleted.
Format your contents in a matter of minutes using our word processor like, What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) Editor that offers rich formatting options.
- Bold, italic,
strike throughand underline.
- Create titles and section headings.
- Format text with bullets, numbering, indents.
- Align text as Left, Right, Center and Justified.
- Insert links and images.
- Highlight text using colors, fonts, and styles.
- Alter text contents using cut, copy, paste, undo and redo options.
Receive instant notification on a particular topic using the Watch this topic option. However, this option is enabled only when you do not participate in the forum discussions.
- Select the required project and click Forums.
- Click Watch this Topic in the upper-right corner next to Post Reply to watch a topic (or) Click Unwatch this Topic to stop watching the forum topic.
- Notifications will be sent to you on the latest updates for the selected forum topic.