Client Company Users
A company or organization for whom the projects are done, is called a client company Eg: Bowman Furniture's is a client company. A user who can view the progress of the client company project, Eg: email@example.com is the client user of that project.
- Portal Level (Across Projects)
- Project level (Within a Project)
- Related Topics
In Home, click All Users. Click Client Users tab, and then click Add Client Company at the top right corner and specify the client company details. This creates a client company with selected projects.
In Client Users, hover the mouse over the required client company to enable the Edit and Delete option. You can edit and update the client company or delete.
- In Client Users, hover over a client company and click the Add Client User icon.
- Specify the Email ID, Rate Per Hour fields. Similary map the user to the project(s) from the available list.
- Click Add.
An email invite is sent to the client user's email ID along with the login credentials.
The Rate Per Hour field shows up only when your portal is integrated with Zoho Invoice or Zoho Books
In Client Users, hover over a client user to edit or delete.
- Navigate to Home-->All Users.
- Click on the Client Users tab.
- Hover over the user profile and click the edit icon.
- Modify the Portal Rate and the Rate Per Hour fields, if necessary.
- Click the Assign more Projects link to assign the client user to more projects.
- Click the cross icon to delete the user information from a project.
- Click Update after making the changes.
You can also add client company / users specific to a project instead of selecting users from All Users and assigning them to the selected projects. However, you cannot edit a client company or client user within the selected project.
In Projects, select a project and then click Users. Click the Client Users tab, and then click Add Client Company at the top right corner to add a client company for the selected project. You can add a new client company or choose an existing client company.
- You can also add other existing client companies available in that portal.
In the selected project, click Users > Client Users. Hover the mouse over the required client company to enable the Delete option.
- Select a project and navigate to Users > Client Users.
- Hover over a client company to add a new user or an existing client user.
- Specify the Email ID and Rate Per Hour fields
- Click Add
- Select your project and navigate to Users.
- Hover over a user's profile and click the edit icon.
- Modify the Rate field, if necessary
- Click Update
- If you have integrated Zoho Projects and Zoho CRM, you can view the CRM details such as CRM Account Information and CRM Potential Informationalong with the Client Information in Zoho Projects itself. However, the CRM information can be viewed only by the portal Admin.
- The Rate field shows up only if the project's billing is based on the staff hours
Learn More about importing Zoho CRM users.