Collaborate on Your Projects Using the Chrome Extension
Zoho Project's chrome extension, allows you to access all your portals and it's projects. You can collaborate and concisely manage your project requirements such as post a forum message, add new projects, tasks, bugs, status and view project notifications. You can add the Zoho Project's Chrome extension from Chrome store available at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoho-projects/peldkgicldgmbampajgepnigbpkhomoh
Once you have enabled Zoho Project's Chrome extension, it displays the list of all your registered portals wherein you can select a portal based on your project requirement.
- To go back to the portal list , you must select Back to Portal list.
All project updates related to the various project activities such as adding a status, task and bug are displayed as notification messages.
A notification count of the unread messages related to your projects is displayed on the Chrome extension.
A notification count gets displayed inside the portal too. The notification number is removed only after the project user views the message.
You can access all your projects and collaborate from within your chrome browser and of course you can also add new projects too.
Zoho Project's Chrome extension allows you to manage all associated projects by posting status, forum messages, adding tasks and filing bugs.
Add a status
You can add status or post comments in feeds for any selected project.
Create a task
You can add tasks for any selected project. In addition, you can set priority and assign it to users.
Post a forum topic
If you wish to post a forum topic, specify the forum title and content and then select the project and category for the forum.
File a bug
To file bugs, specify the problem title and description of the bug and then choose the project and user for whom the bug must be assigned to.
Zoho Project's Chrome extension allows you to select any project and collaborate by viewing its dashboard, adding tasks, logging time, and filing bugs.
You can view the dashboard feeds for any selected project. And comment on any notifications with your team too!
You can view the tasks for any selected project and add a task. Also you can filter tasks based on Status, Owner and Priority.
Also click on any task to comment, edit, complete and delete.
Log time for tasks
You can view the timesheet entries for any selected project and log time task. Also you can filter timesheet entries based on User, Time and Type.
You can also, click on any timesheet entry to edit the log time or delete the entry.
You can view the submitted bugs for any selected project and file a new bug. Also you can filter bugs based on Assignee, Status and Severity.
In addition, you can click on any bug to view its details, also you can comment, edit or delete the bug. And view the attached screenshot too.
We also have the Grab Screen option, that enables you to submit the screenshot of the error message or bugs while filing. You just need to capture the error message on your system, and simply file the bug. The Grab Screen option is available in the Home tab of the selected portal as well as within the individual project.
- In the selected Project, click File a Bug and specify the bug details. And then click Grab Screen.
- Use the edit menu options at the top band to highlight the error message that you want and then click Done.
- Blackout - Masks the selected area in black.
- Rectangle - Highlights the selected area as a rectangle.
- Ellipse - Highlights the selected area as an ellipse.
- Arrow - Draws arrow to highlight the selected portion.
- Line - Draws line to highlight the selected portion.
- Text - Adds text in the screen.
- Color Picker - Picks the color for your fonts and editing options.
- Undo - Reverts whatever was just done.
- Click Submit to file the bug or click Re-edit this screenshot, if required.
- The bug is added in the bugs List view and is populated in the Dashboard feeds. The attached screenshot will be available in the bug details page.