The bugs view provides a consolidated view of the progress of bugs. You can view bugs as a list in List View or as Kanban cards in Kanban View . This is the place to track your bugs status, severity, assignee, and other bug related details relevant to your project.
In both the bug views you can:
- Select a project and navigate to Bugs.
- Click Submit Bugs.
- Enter a problem title.
- When submitting from My Bugs view, select a project for the bug.
- Enter other bug and project details if necessary.
- If your project has mandatory custom fields then you must enter data for these fields before you can save a bug.
- Click Save
- Click Save & Add New to continue adding bugs.
- Click to the right of the status to add bugs in Kanban View.
- Click on a bug.
- Edit the required fields on the right panel.
- Close the bug. The changes are saved automatically.
- Add useful information to the bug from the edit bug screen.
- Description: Add a description or update the details using Edit Description.
- Comments: You can add comments while modifying a bug. Use the screen-grabber to share screenshots or the in-built draw tool to highlight or obscure areas.
- Attachments: Attach and share screenshots using the screen-grabber. Attachments added in Comments and Resolution section are shown here.
- Resolution: Use this option to resolve the bug. You can also add attachments and screenshots when resolving a bug.
- Log Hours: Add the time you spent on resolving the bug. You can also set the start and end time.
- Link Bugs: You can link and classify related bugs.
- Activities: View the history of the bug. The activities are listed chronologically.
- Clone: Click and then choose Clone to create a copy of the bug.
- Follow/Unfollow a bug or Add Followers for the bug. Click Follow to track the bug or Unfollow to stop. Click Add Followers to select and add project users to the bug.
You need not worry about missing deadlines anymore. Premium and Enterprise users can set reminders for bugs and the user assigned to the bug will receive reminder email. When submitting a bug, click Reminder options to set a reminder. When editing a bug, click Set Reminder to set or delete a reminder.
- None: No reminder is set for the bug. You can also use this option to delete reminders.
- Daily: The user assigned to the bug is notified every day until the due date.
- On the same day: The user assigned to the bug is notified on the day the bug is due.
- Days: You can choose any number of days between 1 and 30. If you select 3 days, the user is notified 3 business days before the due date.
You cannot set reminders if:
- a bug is already past its due date
- no due date is set
- reminder date is earlier than the current date
- reminder date is same as the current date
- current date and due date are the same
- no user is assigned to a bug
- a bug is moved to another project
- In the Kanban view, click the Submit Bug icon and add an assignee to view the bug reminder options.
In the Kanban or List view, click to open the selected bug. The Remote Assist option is available only if the bug is assigned to you. When you click this option, it invites the bug reporter to share their screen with the assignee so that they can assist in resolving the issue.
In the Kanban or List view, click to open the bug and click to delete the bug.
View bugs using predefined lists or create custom views. By default, all open bugs are displayed on the screen. You can export or import bugs to and from xls or csv files.