Associate Issues with Tasks and Vice Versa
You can associate or link issue(s) to a task and vice versa. There will be instances where you might wish to associate issues(s) to a task so that it's easy to track and close the task as well as the associated issue. While completing tasks, you can opt to enable or disable the alert message about the associated issue(s) in Org Settings .
- Edit a task and click the Issues tab.
- Click Associate Issues.
- Type the existing issue title or issue ID to search and select the issue in Select Issues.
- Click Associate Issues to link the selected issues to the task.
In addition, you can also link new issues to the selected task. In the Issues tab, click Associate Issues, and then click the Click here option to associate new issues to the task.
Specify the new Issue Title and Issue Description and then click Save to link a new issue to the task.
- You can dissociate the issue from the task, if required. Hover the mouse over the linked issue and click .
- Edit a issue and click the Tasks tab.
- In the Tasks tab, click Associate Tasks.
- In Select Tasks, type the existing tasks to search and select the task.
- Click Associate Tasks to link the selected task to the issue.
- In addition, you can also link new tasks to the selected issue. In the Task tab, click Associate Tasks, and then click the Click here option to link new tasks to the issue.
- Specify the new Task Name and then click Associate Tasks to link a new task.
- You can click on the associated task to directly navigate to the Task details page, where you can click on the Issues tab to view the linked issues and vice versa
- You can dissociate the task from the issue if required. Hover the mouse over the linked task and then click Dissociate.