Zoho People gives you the ability to control what your users can and cannot access. Administrators can manage user access by giving specific access permissions to specific set of users. Role is a special field in the employee form.
By default, there are five roles in Zoho People.
- Administrators - Admin users are at the top of the hierarchy and they will have all the privileges.
- Team Incharge
- Team Member
Apart from these roles, you can also add other roles that are required for your organization and assign it to your employees.
Add new roles
- Log in as administrator.
- Click Setup > Permissions under Users & Permissions > Configure Roles > Add New Role.
- Provide Role Name and select Clone Role.
- Click Create.
How do I assign roles to my employees?
- Log in as Administrator.
- Click Organization and then Employee.
- Scroll your mouse over the employee whom you would like to assign a role.
- Click on the settings icon which will appear on the left side next to the employee photo and click Edit.
- Select respective role from the Role field drop-down list.
- Click Save.