When a request for leave is submitted, you will have the need for standard templates to be used for notifications. This is a one-time configuration which can be used based on the corresponding employee's details.
To create template:
- From Home, go toSetup (gear icon) > Templates > email template > Add Template
- Enter Form name, template name etc
- Using the available merge fields, create a message
- Click Save
Record templates are created when you have the need for standard company letters like Salary certificate, Welcome Letter that need to be issued to employees whenever needed. When you go to the form for which a record template is created, you can download it as PDF by replacing the merge fields with employee details.
For eg, if you have created a record template for the employee form, you can go to the employee form for a particular employee and select download as pdf and select the template from the drop down.
The merge fields of the template chosen will get replaced with the selected employee's details.
- To create a record template, from Home, go toSetup (gear icon) > Templates > Record Template > Add Template
- Enter the details like Form Name and Template Name
- Under message, type the message with the help of the merge fields available
- Click Save
An email template is used while configuring email notifications. For eg. For standard notification emails like approval notifications, you can create a standard email template beforehand and select it directly while configuring approvals. A record template is useful while creating standard letters to be used for employee records. For eg. If you would like to issue a welcome letter to a new joinee, you do not have to type the content every time an employee joins the organization. Instead, you can have a standard record template created and use it by replacing the values alone as and when needed.
Once you create a form record template, you can export it in a PDF format and save it for later use. Follow the steps given below to export the form record in PDF format.
- From Home, go to Setup (gear icon) > Organization > Employee
- Click on the employee name to go to the respective employee's form
- Click the ellipsis icon and select Download as PDF
- Select Welcome letter from the Select Template drop-down list
- Select Portrait View or Landscape View
- Click Download
This can be attached and sent to the employee.
Once a template is created, you can edit it anytime in future.
- From Home, go toSetup (gear icon) > Templates
- Click Email template or Record template based on the template that you would like to edit
- Hover your mouse over the form name and click the Edit icon
- Edit the template as per your need and click Save
Clone a template is useful when you want to create a template which has similarities with an existing template. By using this option, you can copy an existing template and make the changes that you would like rather than following all the steps of creating a new template again.
To clone a Template:
- From Home, go to Setup (Gear icon) > Templates
- Hover the mouse over the email template or record template that needs to be cloned
- Click the clone icon and make the necessary changes to the existing template
- Save the Template under a different name and click Save
- From Home, go toSetup (gear icon) > Record Template under Templates > Add Template
- Select Employee from the Form Name drop-down list
- Provide Template Name as Welcome letter
- Select Record Template as Template Type
- Select System Fields from Available Merge Fields
- Select Company Logo, Company Name, Company First Address, Company City, Company State, Company Country, Company Zipcode, Company Website, Company Contact Person and Company Contact Number from the Select Field drop-down list one by one and click Insert
- Click Save