Every day there are numerous actions performed in the Zoho People account. Manually keeping track of changes can be a cumbersome task.
The activity log feature in Zoho People automates this process by tracking and storing information on the changes made, for up to six months.
The activity log tracks changes in the following entities:
- Services and form customization
- Records - including adding, editing, mass update and such related actions
- Data Backup
- Mail Merge Template
- E-Sign - will list the configured e-sign
Once a configuration is created or when data is added or modified, it will be recorded along with the name of the employee who has performed the change.
For example, let's say that an employee has added a new record in the leave form. This is how the log will read:
The log will accurately record the date, time of the action, the name of the employee who performed the action, and other details about the action.
The activity log comes with the option to filter the information that you would like to view. You can filter by user, entity, actions under each entity, form name and duration.
Let's say you want to track the records related actions of a specific employee from December 2019 to January 2020. To filter this data,
- Go to Settings > Data Administration > Activity Log.
- Go to the filter (funnel icon).
- Select the name of the employee under User.
- Select Records under Entity.
- Select the specific actions under Action if required.
- Select Custom date range under Duration and enter the required dates.