Creating a New Credit Note
You can create a credit note from three different places within Zoho Invoice.
From the Credit Notes module
- Select Credit Notes from the left sidebar.
- Click the + button adjacent to Credit Note or click the + New button on the top right corner.
- Enter the details of the credit note in the creation form.
- Click Save as Draft to save the credit note as a draft.
- You can also mark the Credit Note as Open by clicking Save as Open
or perform the following actions:
* Save and Submit - To save the credit note and submit it for approval. * Save and Approve - To save the credit note and approve it.
From the Invoice module
You can also create a credit note directly from an invoice in the name of the customer you want to issue those credits for.
- Navigate to the Invoices module.
- Go to the invoice of the customer for whom you want to issue credits.
- Click on More and select Create Credit Note.
Alternatively, you can also create a credit note by just clicking the + New drop down on the top right corner and selecting New Credit Note.
From the Contacts module
Credit notes can also be created by selecting a customer from the Contacts tab. Select New transaction > Credit Note and proceed to create the credit note.
You can view and edit these anytime by clicking on the pencil icon highlighted below lets you edit the credit recorded.