Functions in Custom Modules
Let’s take a look at the other functions you can perform in custom modules.
Customize Field Layout
Once you create the fields, they will be listed in the chronological order of creation. You can change them based on your requirements. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings and then Preferences.
- Go to the custom module for which you want to change the order of the fields. This will be reflected in the creation page.
- Click the Change Order button in the top right corner.
- Drag and reorder the fields based on your requirements.
- Click Save Order.
Configure Field Access
There may be cases where you would want to hide or give limited access for a field to a certain user. Here’s how you can do this:
- Navigate to Settings and then the Custom Module (say, Debtors) for which you want to configure access .
- Go to the Field tab of the custom module creation page.
- Hover over the field for which you want to configure access.
- Click the down arrow and select Configure Access.
- Select the access type against the role you want the give the specific access for.
|Read and Write||The user with this access can view and fill or edit the field.|
|Read Only||The user with this access can only view the field.|
|Hide Field||The user with this access type will not be able to view this field.|
You can assign different permissions to the users in your organization. However, only the admin can create a new custom module.
To extend permissions to other users of your organization:
- Go to Settings and then Users & Roles.
- Navigate to the Roles tab and edit a custom role.
- Scroll down and you will be able to find Custom Modules.
- Mark the checkboxes under the permission you would like to provide or mark the All Access checkbox to provide full access to a custom module.
- Click Save.