A Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a business metric to help an organization define and measure progress towards organizational goals. KPIs and charts help managers:
- Gain real-time insight into the vital signs of the sales organization
- Make timely adjustments to meet sales goals
- Gain insight into key success drivers and blockers
- Set targets and create contests with just a few clicks to motivate winning behaviors
The following KPIs appear by default in the Home dashboard. Click the Action Menu [...] in the top-right corner of the KPI tile to hide, edit, or delete the KPI.
- Leads Created
- Potentials Created
- Revenue Generated
- Sales Won
- Sales Lost
Click on any KPI to view an interactive trend chart for the selected KPI. You can also break down the data by team, employee, or selected fields in the associated CRM record. For further comparison and analysis, you can add KPIs and/or targets to the chart.
Select a specific point or bar in the chart to view the associated CRM records at the bottom of the page. To view all records in a chart, click SHOW ALL RECORDS.
- Company KPIs and charts include data produced by both active Motivator users and other CRM users. However, you can only filter and breakdown KPIs and charts By Employee for active Motivator users.
Zoho Motivator will automatically recommend and create KPIs suitable for your company based on the information provided. Recommended KPIs can be added to your existing dashboard or to the new dashboard.
- Click +KPI button at the top of the dashboard.
- Select Recommend KPIs from the menu.
- Input your company and business information to recommend suitable KPIs, then click RECOMMEND.
- Industry: Select the industry of your company.
- Selling Roles: Select the major selling roles of your company. Inside Sales is for sales mainly done inside the office, while Outside Sales is for sales mainly done outside the office. Select Hybrid Sales if both inside and outside sales are the major selling roles. Sales Development refers to the inside salesperson who focuses mainly in lead qualifications while Account Management refers to person who is responsible for the management of sales and relationship with the customers.
- No. of Employees: Select number of employees in your company.
- Model: Select your company’s business model.
- Year of Establishment: Select the year of your company’s establishment.
- Review and select the recommended KPIs. Enable Create a new dashboard option to add recommended KPIs to the new dashboard or they will be added to the currently opened dashboard.
- Click APPLY to create the recommended KPIs.
- Click the +KPI button at the top of the dashboard.
- Select the existing KPI you’d like to add from the dropdown.
- Select your configuration from the available options.
- To add multiple tiles at once, select from the available choices and click REVIEW.
- Select the items that you want to add to the dashboard and click APPLY.
- Click +KPI button at the top of the dashboard.
- Select New KPI from the menu.
- Select the formula you’d like to use for your KPI. There are three formulas to choose from:
- Sum: Sum of records created, or values of a numeric field in a CRM record over time.
- Average: Computes the average value of a numeric field in a CRM record over time.
- Rate/Ratio: Computes the ratio of two metrics over time.
- Click ADD BEHAVIOR to define the CRM activities for this KPI. Learn more about behaviors here. The number of behaviors that you can add depends on the formula that you have selected.
- Sum: Add an unlimited number of behaviors.
- Average: Add one behavior with a CRM module containing numeric fields.
- Rate/Ratio: Add up to two behaviors.
- When all behaviors have been added, select whether your goal is to Increase or Decrease points, then click NEXT.
- Enter a Name and Description for your KPI, then click NEXT.
- Review your settings, and click SAVE.
- Click Action Menu icon [...] in the top-right corner of the KPI you want to edit.
- Select Edit KPI from the menu.
- Select a field to edit and make your changes.
- Click SAVE.
- Click Action Menu icon [...] in the top-right corner of the KPI you want to delete.
- Select Remove KPI permanently from the System.
- When you delete a KPI, all targets and KPI tiles associated with the KPI (including tiles on other dashboards) will be deleted as well.
Users can click the Action Menu icon [...] in the top-right corner of the KPI and select Peer Comparison to compare their performance to that of their peers. This can motivate users to step up their game and/or seek help when needed.
To gain further peer performance insights, click on the tile to show the KPI trend chart, then view By Employee. Based on this analysis, you can pair higher performers with lower performers to create a balanced team contest and foster teamwork and peer-coaching.