Table of Contents
Zoho Notes is an easy-to-use, web based application that lets you jot down all those important sticky notes in your own business notes pane.
- Click Add Note
- Type in your message or information
- Choose color or category, if you like.
- Click Save.
Notes can be viewed in either List view or Box view.
- List View : With a list view, users can view all their notes listed altogether.
- Box View :
To look for notes in a specific category just select the category and the notes are displayed. You can also select from 3 colors to differentiate your notes easily! Your group notes are also displayed under each group name. You can add, edit or even delete notes here.
Classify your notes with the help of tags. Zoho Notes support multiple tags. This is great for filtering notes based on tags.
- To add a new tag, click '+' beside Tags. You can also add a new tag under 'Tags' which is at the top band.
- To tag notes, select a note(click in the check box) and assign a tag from the Tags list which is at the top band.
- You can attribute multiple tags to a note and vice versa. To do so, select a note and assign tags one by one.
- To assign a common tag to multiple notes, select multiple notes and assign a tag all at once.
Zoho Notes has been enhanced to give you the ability to tag a note using the drag and drop feature. This is much easier and faster than the other way of tagging notes. To tag a note, just drag the note and drop it over a tag under the Tags list. You can also select multiple notes at a time and drop it over a tag.
Color code your tags to give its own color to differentiate it from the rest of the tags. Color coding makes much easier to find tags at a glance instead of having to search one by one. Here's how you can color code your tag.
- Click on the square box of a particular tag.
- Choose any color from the color palette.
Group Tags is similar to Personal Tags where you can assign a tag to a note which is in Group. You can also assign multiple tags to a note. However there are few things that differ from Personal tags.
- A Group member can assign a tag to a note. But, the Group member cannot edit or delete that particular tag.
- Only the Group Administrator/Moderator has the authority to delete or edit the tag.
- You can rename or delete a tag just by right clicking on it and choosing the appropriate option. Deleting a tag will also remove the tag from the note that was associated.
You can now add new Notes under each new tab. You can have as many new tabs for each new note. Adding more colors to Notes is in our road-map.
It also provides an additional feature called Quick Add where user can just add a quick note and it will be added to the Notes list. To look for notes in a specific category, just select the category and the notes are displayed. Zoho Business provides 3 different colors. Yellow, Blue and Green. You can also select from 3 colors to differentiate your notes easily!