Evernote is a note-taking application available as mobile, desktop, and web applications that helps you archive and create notes in which photos, audio, and saved web content can be embedded. Notes are stored in virtual "Notebooks" and can be tagged, annotated, edited, searched, and exported. The Evernote extension available in Zoho Mail helps you to add the content of an email to a note in Evernote and insert a note to the Compose window when you write an email.
You need to set up the Evernote integration in Zoho Mail to use it from the eWidget.
Table of Contents
- Log in to your Zoho Mail account
- Go to Settings > Integrations
- Navigate to the Evernote extension card and click on it.
- Click Authenticate.
- Provide your Evernote login credentials and click Log in.
- In the Allow Account Access page choose the time period for the authorization validity using the dropdown and click Authorize.
Your Evernote extension will be authenticated and enabled. You can use the toggle switch to disable the extension anytime. Click Access Evernote to use the extension.
After setting up, follow these steps to use the Jira extension in eWidget:
- Click on the Evernote eWidget icon on the right pane or the eWidget icon on the bottom-right corner of your mailbox and select Evernote from the app menu.
- You will have options to create a new note, add a note to the email you compose, and search notes from the eWidget.
You can directly create a new note using the Evernote eWidget in Zoho Mail which will automatically be synced and reflected in Evernote.
- Click on the Evernote eWidget icon or the eWidget icon on the right pane of your mailbox and select Evernote from the app menu.
- Click the icon on top of the widget.
- Choose the Notebook under which the new note should be created.
- Provide a Title for the note.
- Add the Description and Tags.
- You can also choose to Add attachments to the note.
- Click Save.
Your note will be saved and you can View in Evernote application on the web, mobile, or desktop.
You can also create from an email using the Create new note option. You can open the email with your Evernote eWidget open. The details in the email will get populated in the appropriate fields along with the attachments for you to create a note with ease.
You can insert a note from the eWidget into your email composer with just a click. To insert a note to the email composer, open the Evernote extension using the eWdiget icon on the right-pane. Hover over the note you want to insert and click Insert to compose. The note will be added as an Evernote link in the email body. You can compose your email and hit Send.