Modifying the calendar involves a series of operations such as editing the title, changing the colour, emptying a calendar of its events, deleting a calendar, and much more. These options would help you in customizing your calendars.
- Edit a calendar
- Change the display color
- Hide/show a calendar
- Enable/Disable a calendar
- Update a calendar
- Sort calendars
- Empty a calendar
- Delete a calendar
- Unsubscribe from a calendar
Altering the calendar name, the color scheme and the description are termed as calendar editing.
- If you right click on the calendar you wish to edit, a popup menu will appear with the options, "Edit", "Share", "Empty" and "Delete".
- Clicking on the "Edit" option will display a calendar creation window.
- Using this window, you can alter the name of the calendar.
- Click on "Ok" to save the changes.
- You will not be able to delete the default calendar; hence the delete option will not be available in the default calendar alone.
- Right click on the calendar you wish to modify, and select "Edit" option from the menu.
- You can also find the Edit option by selecting "Settings", and then "My Calendars".
- You will get the calendar creation window with three options.
- Here, the second field is the color scheme for the calendar. You can select from the list of options provided by clicking on them.
Of all your calendars, if there are any which you don't use often, you can hide those calendars from your calendar home page. This comes in handy when you have a large number of subscribed calendars, and feel your home page is messy.
- Click on settings.
- Select "My calendars".
- All your calendars will be listed on the right with a show/hide button beside each of them.
- Clicking on the show/hide button of the calendar will toggle between visible and hidden mode.
Instead of hiding the least used calendars from the main page itself, there is an alternate option of preventing the events of that calendar from being displayed on the calendar. This is referred to as enabling or disabling of that calendar.
- In the main page, beside every calendar listed under "My calendars" and "Others' Calendars", you will find a check box. Events on a particular calendar will only be visible if the check box is selected.
- You can switch from enabled to disabled mode and vice-versa by clicking on this check box.
You might have subscribed to any of your friends calendar back in time, and he might have modified events in his calendar. How would you be notified of the update? By default, all the subscribed calendars will get automatically updated once in 12 hours. If you feel it is way too long, we have included a manual update option too.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the tab "Others' calendars".
- In the list of subscribed calendars, there would be options to view details, share that calendar, unsubscribe from it, and finally to update the calendar.
- Click on the "Update" link to get the latest version of the subscribed calendar.
How do I update shared calendars?
It will be automatically updated instantly whenever it is modified, hence hassle free.
- Calendars shared to you by others also will be listed under "Others Calendars". However they will not have the update option. Only subscribed calendars will.
- Also, this option will only update the modifications and will not replicate the unchanged events.
Based on your preference, you are enabled to specify the order in which your calendars should appear on the home page. This can be done by simply dragging the calendars to the order you want them in.
- Click on Settings.
- In the settings window, select the option, "My Calendars". All the calendars created and imported by you will be displayed here.
- All you need to do is to drag the calendars to the desired order. It will be re ordered in the home page once you switch back from settings to the calendar.
Suppose you wish to start a calendar from scratch, we have provided an option of deleting all the events of a calendar. This will not alter the name of the calendar or the color code, but will only delete all events within.
- Right click on the calendar you wish to delete events from.
- The third item on the list of options that appears would be "Empty".
- Clicking on this option will prompt for your confirmation, and then, empty the calendar of all its events.
- The same can be performed by clicking on Settings first, and then on "My calendars". The "Empty" link will be present beneath every calendar.
- Please note that this feature, emptying a calendar of its events, is available only on the calendars listed under "My calendars".
If there is any calendar which does not serve any purpose now, it is only rightful to delete it. If that calendar has any events stored in them, then those events too will be lost.
- Right click on the calendar which you wish to delete.
- The Delete option is the fourth on the menu, which on clicking, would delete the calendar along with all the events on it.
- An alternate way of deleting the calendar is to click on Settings.
- Select "My calendar".
- Click on the "Delete" link present beneath the calendars.
- The default calendar alone will not have the "Delete" option.
As you cannot delete subscribed calendars, you can unsubscribe from them if you no longer need them. Here is how to unsubscribe from a calendar:
- Right click on the subscribed calendar listed under "Others' calendar" on the calendar page.
- From the context menu that appears, select the option "Unsubscribe".
- You will get a confirmation dialog box. As you click on "OK", you will be successfully unsubscribed from that calendar.