How can I assign alternate billing and shipping address for a customer?
You can assign an alternate billing/shipping address by:
- Directly adding an alternate address to your customer.
- Adding alternate address while creating an estimate/invoice.
- Editing the existing billing/shipping address.
Directly adding an alternate address to your customer
You can add additional billing or shipping address to a customer and use this address while creating estimates, invoices, sales orders, retainer invoices and credit notes. To add an additional address to your customer:
- Click the Customers module and select the customer for whom you wish to add an alternate address.
- Click Add additional address option below the shipping address, enter the details and click Save.
Adding alternate address while creating an estimate/invoice
Separate Billing and Shipping addresses can be associated with the customer by clicking on the Change option (under ‘Customer name’) while creating a new estimate/invoice. Here, options are available for entering/editing the Billing address and a separate Shipping address for that customer.
Editing the existing billing/shipping address
At times, you might want to change an existing billing/shipping address and not add an additional address.
In such cases, you can simply Edit the existing address.
- Go to the Customers module.
- Select the relevant customer.
- Click the edit button, as highlighted in the image below.
Or, on the edit customer page, click the Edit button present on the top right and edit the address field.