Users & Roles
You can collaborate with your employees and accountants in Zoho Invoice, by inviting them as users, and providing role based access. Since Zoho Invoice is an online application, multiple users can access it and work from any location.
Zoho Invoice allows you to add users to help govern your organization’s invoicing process. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on the icon.
- Click on Users & Roles.
- Click on the Invite User button.
- Enter email address and name of the user.
- Choose a Role. Head to Adding Custom Roles section to know more about roles.
- Click on Send to send the email invitation.
(a) The user needs to click on the Join Account link provided in the email to gain access to the organization he/she is invited to.
(b) The user can be a part of this organization by clicking on the Sign up today link provided.
© In case the user is already registered with Zoho Invoice, they can login straight away into the account using their credentials.
To delete a user, kindly follow these steps:
- Click on the icon and select Users & Roles from the drop-down.
- Hover over the row of the user you wish to delete. Click on the Gear drop-down icon as seen in the image below and select Delete.
- A pop up window will appear to confirm if you wish to delete. Click OK to confirm.
- Only an Admin can delete users.
- An admin cannot delete his or her own account.
- At any given point in time, there has to be one admin.
Changing User’s status
In circumstances where you don’t want to permanently delete a user, but would like to prevent or restrict a user from accessing Zoho Invoice, you can change the user’s status to inactive. This ensures that the person is no longer able to use Zoho Invoice, but remains listed as a user. You can also reactivate a user if you want them to use Zoho Invoice again.
To change the user’s status, follow these steps:
- In the Users & Roles screen, hover over the row of the user you wish to mark as inactive or active.
- Click on the Gear drop-down icon as seen in the image below and select Mark as Inactive or Mark as Active.