How can I invoice customers in foreign currencies?
In Zoho Books, the item prices will always be in the base currency.
To invoice a customer with a foreign currency, you first need to associate that currency to your customer. So, the next time you invoice that customer, the base currency will be converted to your customer’s currency based on the exchange rate..
To associate a currency to your customer:
- Click the Contacts tab on the left sidebar.
- Create a New Contact or edit an existing one.
- Scroll down to the Other Details section.
- Select the Currency.
- You can also add a new currency by clicking + Add New Currency.
- If you have already created transactions for your customer in your base currency, you won’t able change the currency. To resolve this, you have to delete all the transactions which are associated with the customer.
- Currency Exchange Rates are converted based on live feeds. To disable live feeds and enter the exchange rates manually, go to Settings > Currencies.