Once you add an account from the list of banks available, you will receive bank feeds to your Zoho Books account by default. The bank feeds are fetched every 24 hours into your account automatically for the banks that don’t require multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Warning: Bank feed availability is subject to the respective bank or service provider’s connectivity.
Some banks adopt multi-factor authentication for security purposes. If your bank adopts multi-factor authentication, you will have to refresh the feeds manually.
Notes: Unless the authentication is cleared the bank will not allow Zoho Books to fetch the feeds automatically.
To identify if the bank feed in your account has been activated or not, just check on the bank feed icon present next to the account name.
Login credentials of your bank account are necessary for the bank feeds to be fetched into your account. Some cases where it will be necessary to update your credentials,
- You have changed your login credentials.
- Requested for a new password from your bank.
To update credentials:
- Click the Settings icon on the top-right corner.
- Click Update Credentials.
Notes: When bank feeds are fetched, either automatically or manually, they will be fetched the previous day. If you fetch your bank feeds today, you will be able to see the transactions that happened yesterday.
Refresh Bank Feeds
If your bank feeds are not fetched automatically, it could be due to a temporary glitch. You can refresh the bank feeds manually. However, manual refresh is limited to once a day. To refresh bank feeds manually:
- Go to Banking module in the left sidebar.
- Select your bank account.
- Click the Settings icon from the bank account.
- Select Refresh Feeds from the drop down.
Deactivate Bank Feeds
You can deactivate bank feeds if you do not want it to be fetched from your bank.
- Go to the Banking module and select the account you wish deactivate feeds for.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Deactivate Feeds to deactivate feeds from your bank.
Similarly, you can also deactivate and activate your PayPal feeds.
Deactivating PayPal Feeds
To deactivate your PayPal feeds,
- Go to the Banking module and click the Add Bank or Credit Card button, placed on the top right corner.
- Select PayPal listed under popular banks.
- Click the Deactivate Feeds button on the top right corner of the window.
Activating PayPal Feeds
In case you have deactivated your feeds and wish to reactivate them, follow the step mentioned below.
- Go to the Banking module and select the Zoho Books account which was earlier configured with PayPal.
- Click the Settings icon on the right and click Activate Feeds.
Connect Your Bank Accounts To Yodlee’s New API Platform
Yodlee, our third-party bank feeds service provider, has released a new API platform and we have upgraded our systems to the new platform. This new platform enables you to seamlessly sync your bank feeds with Zoho Books.
To experience the upgraded platform’s capabilities, you will have to upgrade each of your bank accounts to the new platform by reconnecting them with Zoho Books.
Note: Upgrading each bank account might take 2-3 minutes to complete. During that time, you will not be able to activate feeds, refresh feeds, or update the credentials for any of your banks. So, we recommend you do this whenever it is convenient for you.
To upgrade to the new platform, you will have to re-connect your bank to Zoho Books, fetch its bank accounts, and their feeds.
Re-Connect Your Bank and Fetch Bank Accounts
The first step is to upgrade your bank to the new platform and select the accounts from which you want to fetch feeds. To do this:
- Click Banking on the left sidebar and scroll down to where your banks are displayed in the Banking Overview page.
- Click Upgrade Now in the banner below the bank you want to upgrade.
- Click Upgrade Now next to the bank account that you want to upgrade.
- Read all the end user terms in the following pop-up and mark I agree to all the end user terms for automatic bank feeds.
- Click Proceed.
Next, you will have to re-connect your bank.
Note: You will have to re-connect your bank within 30 minutes from the time you clicked Proceed. If you don’t re-connect within the specified time, you will have to repeat the above process again.
- You can search for your bank from the list of banks that are supported by Yodlee.
Next, select the bank accounts you want to re-connect.
- Select the bank accounts and click Save & Finish.
Now, you would have re-connected your bank accounts. Next, you will have to fetch the bank accounts and its feeds.
- Select the bank accounts you’d like to fetch in the Accounts Fetched Through Yodlee section.
Pro Tip: Cross-check the bank accounts you’ve selected so that you map the right accounts.
- Select the date from which you want to fetch the feeds.
Note: By default, Zoho Books displays the last date from which you’ve fetched your bank feeds under the Fetch Bank Feeds From section. Verify these dates and change them, if required.
- Click Upgrade.
Once you’ve successfully upgraded to the latest platform, you’ll be automatically redirected to the Banking Overview page. You’ll now receive bank feeds seamlessly for the accounts that have been upgraded.
Pro Tip: You can exclude transactions if you have duplicate transactions once the upgrade is complete.