How do I record partial payment against an invoice?
Recording partial payments against an invoice can be done in two ways: When you manually record payments for your invoices, and when customers pay for their invoices through an online payment gateway.
When you manually record payment for your invoices:
- Click on the Record Payment button present on the top of your chosen invoice.
- Enter the amount for which you wish to record against the invoice, and click on the Record Payment button. This will change the status of the invoice to Partially Paid.
- When you revisit the invoice and record the balance payment, the status of the invoice will get changed to Paid.
Similarly when customers pay for their invoices through an online payment gateway
- Make sure Allow customer to make partial payments for this invoice option is selected for that particular invoice on the invoice creation page. Only then it’s possible to receive partial payments for that invoice via online.
- Your customer can then click on the Pay Now button to pay. This will change the status of the invoice to Partially Paid.
- Paying the balance amount will change the status of the invoice to Paid.