Sending an Invoice for Project
Charge your customers for the time you have spent on projects.
- Select the project from which you wish to raise an invoice.
- Click on the New Transaction drop down placed on top of the window and select Create Invoice.
- In the Bill up to field, enter the date up to which you wish to bill your customer.
- Select the method in which you like the data on invoice to be sorted from How to sort data on invoice drop down.
|Single line for the project||This will show the entire project information in a single line on the invoice.|
|Show all timesheet entries individually||All the unbilled timesheet work item will be individual entries on the invoice.|
|Group by tasks||Every task worked on will be a separate line item.|
|Group by users||Every task worked by an user will be in a single line item.|
|Group by tasks and users||Individual users and their tasks will be shown in a single line item.|
- Under the Show in item name section, the default name and description provided are the Project Name and Project Description. Options will be provided according to the selection you made from the How to sort data on invoice drop down.
- You can also include all the unbilled expenses that were recorded in this project by checking the Yes, Include all unbilled expenses associated with this project box.
- Click on Add and you will be taken to the new invoice form where all the necessary data is filled. Add or remove data according to your necessity and click on Save and Send.
* For projects with billing method Fixed Cost for Projects, only Single line for the project option will be shown.
* For projects with billing method Based on Task Hours, the option Group by users will not be shown.
* For projects with billing method Based on Staff Hours, the option Group by tasks will not be shown. * For projects with billing method Based on Project Hours, all the options will be shown.