How can Zoho Payroll help me submit Form 24 Q?
In Zoho Payroll, the Form 24Q module can generate the text file based on each employee’s salary and TDS information. Once you generate the text file, you’ll have to attach the text file and generate the .fvu file using the FVU tool provided by the Tax Information Network (TIN). Once you generate the .fvu using the text file, you can submit it to the Indian Government through the online portal.
Pre-Requisites: Enable the TDS Liabilities and Form 24 Q feature to view the TDS Liabilities, Challans, and Form 24Q modules. To enable the feature:
- Click View Details on the left sidebar and click Enable.
To generate the text file in Zoho Payroll:
- Go to Taxes and Forms on the left sidebar and click Form 24Q.
- Select the quarter for which you’ve processed the pay run.
- Click View Details.
- You can view the Deposit Period, Due Date for filing Form 24Q, Challan Number, and the associated TDS Liabilities.
- Click Generate Text File in the top right corner.
Note: You will not be able to generate the text file if you haven’t processed the pending pay run for the filing period.
- Verify the Employer and Responsible Person details. If you want to change the details, click the Edit icon.
- Click Generate.
Once you generate the text file, you can download it for FVU generation and proceed with filing Form 24Q. To download the text file, click Download.