Zoho People Integrated with Zoho Payroll
You can seamlessly integrate your Zoho Payroll organisation with Zoho People. This integration helps you push Loss of Pay (LOP) and Employee details from Zoho People to Zoho Payroll and process your monthly pay runs accordingly.
In this page,
Benefits of the integration
- Users and employee profiles will be fetched automatically from Zoho People.
- Terminated employees will also be synced. You can make their final settlement using Zoho Payroll.
- Work location details will be fetched automatically from Zoho People.
- Push LOP details to Zoho Payroll and calculate payroll accordingly.
Note: The Zoho Payroll - Zoho People integration is a one-way sync. Changes made to employee details, work locations or LOP details in Zoho Payroll will not be reflected back in Zoho People.
Prerequisites for the integration
- You need to be a Super Admin in your Zoho People organisation to enable the integration.
- Once you’ve connected a Zoho People organisation with Zoho Payroll, you will not be able to connect any other account or change the connected account.
- If you’ve previously integrated your Zoho People organisation with Zoho Books or Zoho Expense, the same organisation must be connected with Zoho Payroll too.
- For active employees, Employee Number, Date Of Joining, Work Location, Email ID and Employee type are mandatory.
- For terminated employees, Date of Exit is mandatory in addition to the above mentioned fields.
- The employees must belong to a Monthly pay period.
- In Zoho People, the Sync my employee database with Zoho Payroll option must be checked. This option will be available in Settings > Integrations > Zoho > Zoho Payroll under Integration Settings.
- Once employee sync is enabled. You will not be able to add employees in Zoho Payroll. You would have to use Zoho People as your primary application for adding employees.
- The Pay Period in Zoho People must match the Pay Schedule in Zoho Payroll.
- The Processing Day (which is the cut-off date to generate the LOP report) in Zoho People should be on or before the Payday in Zoho Payroll.
- You will not be able to approve your pay run before the Processing Day.
- LOP sync will happen only for the employees who are part of the current pay run.
Setting up the integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Zoho Apps.
- Click Connect next to Zoho Payroll.
You can set up the integration in 3 steps:
- Organisation Sync
- Employee Sync
- LOP Sync
In this step you can choose the Zoho People organisation that you want to sync with Zoho Payroll. Select a Zoho People organisation from the drop-down and click Save and Continue.
This step allows you to exactly choose which employees in Zoho People you want to sync with Zoho Payroll.
- Select the Work Location and Employee Type that you want to sync. Employees matching both criteria will be synced.
For example, if you select the Mumbai work location and Permanent employee type, the permanent employees working in the Mumbai office will be synced. The work location details for the Mumbai office will also be synced.
The following employee fields will be synced:
- Employee ID
- Date of birth
- Date of Joining
- Date of Exit
- Employee type
- Employee Status
- Email ID
Click Save and Continue.
In this step, you can enable LOP sync, which allows you to push attendance and leave details of employees from Zoho People to Zoho Payroll.
To enable LOP Sync,
- Click the Allow LOP Sync from Zoho People button.
- Select your Pay Schedule. Only the monthly pay periods from Zoho People will be listed here.
- Click Save and Continue.
You can now push LOP details from Zoho People after the cut off date, and run payroll with the updated attendance details. To do this,
- Open Zoho People.
- Navigate to Leave > Reports > LOP Reports.
- Click the ellipsis icon and select Push to Payroll.
Alternatively, you can pull the data from the Pay Runs tab while running your monthly pay run.
Note: Please make sure that you obtain the LOP details from People before approving your pay run.
Employees and Work Locations will be synced everyday at 12:00 AM. You can also initiate an instant sync by clicking the Instant Sync button. You can disable the integration anytime by clicking Disable Integration in the top right corner of your screen.