Activity logs is a detailed report of all the activities that take place in a particular period in your Zoho Payroll organisation. With this report, you’ll be able to compare and review if any wrong data was entered in your organisation.
View Activity Logs
To view the Activity Logs report:
- Go to Reports from the left sidebar and select Activity Logs.
- Select a period for which you want to view the activity logs, from the top left corner.
There are three sections in the Activity Logs report. They are:
|Time||Shows date and time of creation and also when a change has been made.|
|Activity Details||Shows details about the changes made in your organisation.|
|Description||Shows detailed information regarding the change and author of the change.|
You can customize the activity logs based on a selected date range or based on an entity. Here’s how:
- Go to Reports from the left sidebar and navigate to Activity Logs.
- Click Customize Report on the top bar.
- In the following page, you can select the Date Range and the entity from the Activity Related To dropdown.
- Click Run Report to view the customized report.
View Different Versions
Zoho Payroll allows you to view the history of changes that have been made. A new version will be created for every change you make in an entity. You can also compare the versions to analyse the change in detail. Here’s how:
- Go to Reports on the left sidebar and navigate to Activity Logs.
- Click Show Versions on the right side of the description.
- Here, you’ll be able to view different versions of the activity.
- Click Compare, select two versions and, click Compare again.
You’ll be able to view the comparison of two versions that you’ve selected in the following screen.
Export Activity Logs
You can export your activity log report in PDF, CSV, XLS, and XLSX formats or export them directly to Zoho Sheets. Here’s how:
- Go to Reports in the left sidebar and navigate to Activity Logs.
- Click Export as on the top right corner.
- Select the format in which you want to export.
- If you want to export this data to Zoho Sheets, select Export to Zoho Sheet.
Your data will be exported in a CSV/XLSX/XLS file or to a Zoho Sheet.