IN THIS PAGE…
What is a Delivery Challan?
A Delivery Challan is created in situations where goods are being transported from one place to another which may or may not result in sales. Example: Transfer of goods from the Head Office to its branches.
Delivery Challans are sent along with the shipment of goods. It contains the details of items and quantity of goods being delivered.
- Supply of goods on approval.
- The quantity of goods to be delivered cannot be determined during dispatch. Example: supply of liquid gas.
- Transportation of goods for job work.
- Transport of goods in a semi-assembled state or completely in parts.
Enabling Delivery Challan
Before creating a Delivery Challan, please make sure you have enabled the option under settings.
To enable Delivery Challan:
- Navigate to the Preferences tab by clicking the Gear Icon from the top right corner.
- Enable Delivery Challan and other required modules under the General tab.
- Hit Save.
Creating a Delivery Challan
To create a Delivery Challan in Zoho Invoice:
- Click the sales tab and select Delivery Challans from the dropdown.
- Click the ‘+’ button adjacent to Delivery Challans or click the button on the top right corner of the window.
- Enter the details of the Delivery Challan in the creation form.
- Click Save.
|Customer Name||The name of the recipient whom you wish to raise a Delivery Challan for.|
|Place Of Supply||The registered place of business of the selected customer.|
|Delivery Challan#||A unique ID for every new Delivery Challan created.
You can choose to either auto-generate or manually add the Delivery Challan number by clicking the Settings icon.
|Delivery Challan Date||Date on which the Delivery Challan is generated.|
|Challan Type||The purpose for which the challan is being created can be selected from the dropdown.|
Statuses of Delivery Challan
|Draft||Delivery Challans when created will be in the Draft status before being marked as open.|
|Open||The goods have been dispatched for delivery.|
|Delivered||The goods have been delivered to the recipient.|
|Returned||The goods that were dispatched have been returned.|