What is policy violation? Will I know if there is a policy violation when recording an expense?
A policy violation happens when a user records an expense with details violating the company’s expensing policies. A policy violation can be any of the five below:
- Expense amount limit: An expense recorded has an amount greater than the maximum amount allowed by the company for an individual expense.
- Required receipt amount: An amount above which any expense recorded should have a receipt attached to it, failing which a policy violation happens.
- If description has been made mandatory by the Admin for all expenses, then expenses without a description are considered as policy violations.
- An expense that has expired is considered a policy violation.
- Uncategorised policy violation: When an expense is not associated under any category, it is considered a policy violation.