To set up reports preferences:
- Switch to Admin View.
- Go to Settings on the left sidebar.
Click the Gear icon at the top right side.
- Go to Modules under Customization.
- Click Reports.
- Under the Preferences tab, you can configure the following:
Generate report name automatically: You can auto-generate report names by choosing the placeholders with which a report name should be created. Click the Placeholders dropdown and select the preferred placeholders. For example: If you select Customer and Trip Number, the report name will bear the name of the customer with which the report is associated followed by the number of the trip with which the report is associated.
Note: Besides automating report names, you can also choose to automate report generation and submission.
You can configure how you want to see your report when you export it in PDF.
Include signature line in report PDF: This option allows you to include a signature line for the submitter and the approver of the report in the PDF.
Show Report History in PDF: This option lets you include the history of the report in the PDF.
Show trip details in report PDF: If your report is associated to a trip, this option allows you to display the trip details in the PDF.
Include receipts in report PDF: You can mark this option if you want to include the expense receipts in the report PDF. You can also choose the number of receipts you like to display per page.
In this section you can select the template of the reports in the PDF format.
Standard: In the Standard template, all the expenses will be arranged in the ascending order of the dates in which the expenses were incurred.
Group by Category: In the Group by Category template, all the expenses will be segregated according to their expense categories.
Group by Date: In this template, the expenses will be grouped based on the dates.
In addition to the pre-defined statuses, Zoho Expense allows you to create new custom statuses for your Approved and Reimbursed reports. In your business, when you approve and reimburse reports, you may have intermediate stages such as Reimbursement Initiated, Reimbursement Pending, or more. But Zoho Expense only has Approved and Reimbursed as statuses. Now, if you want the stages in your business to match with the report’s status in Zoho Expense, you can create them as custom statuses using the Custom Status option.
To create a new custom status:
- Navigate to the Reports' Custom Status section and click + New.
- Fill in the status Name and select Approved or Reimbursed from the Consider As dropdown.
To change the status of the reports:
- Once you change the status, it cannot be reverted.
- Changing the status of the report will only change the status name, and the reports will still be considered as Approved or Reimbursed, based on your configuration.
- Go to Approvals on the left sidebar.
- Navigate to Reports.
- Select the Approved or Reimbursed trip for which you would like to change the status.
- Click the More icon at the top right corner and select the Mark as “Custom Status Name”.
Once this is done, the report will be marked with the new status and will be considered as Approved or Reimbursed as per your configuration.
Upon report submission, you have options to:
Configure the last day for report submission - This option allows you to set deadlines before which users are required to submit their expense reports every month. Users will not be able to submit their reports after the last day of submission of the respective month.
Attach report as a PDF file to the notification email - Upon submission, the expense report will be sent as a PDF file along with the notification email to the approver.
Copy the submitter in the email - A copy of the report submission notification email will be sent to the submitter upon the submission of the report.
Receive a copy of the report - A copy of the report will be sent as an email to the user you select from the dropdown, once it is submitted.
Approval preference allows you to:
- Allow approvers to approve their own reports.
- Set the number of days within which an expense report should be approved. (Applicable from the date of submission)
- Notify approver when submitted reports are nearing their due dates.
- A copy of the report will be sent as an email to the user you select from the dropdown, as soon as it is approved.
Under this section you can configure when to send notifications: