I’ve marked an e-invoice as cancelled in Zoho Books. Will the e-invoice be cancelled in the GST portal as well?
No, marking an e-invoice as cancelled in Zoho Books will not cancel the e-invoice in the GST portal. You have to manually cancel it in the GST portal. To cancel:
- Go to the GST portal and log in using your credentials.
- Go to the e-Invoice module on the left sidebar and select Cancel.
- On the e-Invoice Cancel page:
- Choose whether you want to cancel the e-invoice using its Ack No. or IRN.
- Enter the Ack No. in the Enter Ack No. field or enter the IRN in the Enter IRN field based on what you chose in the previous step.
- Click Go.
The e-invoice will be fetched using Ack No. or IRN provided.
- Select the reason for cancelling the e-invoice in the Cancellation Reason field.
- Enter the necessary remarks in the Remarks field.
- Click Submit.
The e-invoice will be cancelled in the GST portal and the Cancelled watermark will be added to the e-invoice in the GST portal.