#6 In how many ways, can one create an application?
There are many ways to create an application.
1. Entirely from scratch: If you are regular visitor to ZohoCreator and you know what is what about ZohoCreator, you can start with a blank application.
2. Pre-built Form and View: If you are a first time visitor and want to know the basics what ZohoCreator has got to offer.
3. From Templates : There are totally 11 templates for you to choose from. Choose this if you have no time to build from scratch and want to quickly have an application ready for you. More templates will be added in the coming days.
4. Paste your spreadsheet data : Just copy paste the data from your spreadsheet and get an application out of your data. ZohoCreator supports xls data, comma separated values(csv) and tab separated values(tsv). More..
5. Import your spreadsheet file : If you have multiple sheets in a single file, you need not go around copy pasting the data. Just import the file and all your sheets will be loaded. More…
6. Deluge Script : If you want to make your application powerful, choose this option. You can write deluge script, a natural online scripting language integrated in ZohoCreator which helps you to perform actions when a row is submitted or updated. Some of the actions include validating a form and sending an email. It also helps you to define complex formulae and filters.
7. Importing a Deluge Script file : Write a deluge script offline or download a public application script file using “Copy Application” link and import it here.
8. Copy a public application : Impressed at a public application? You want to have it with few modifications? Just follow the “Copy Application” link and you will get a clone of your favorite app.