Since our Comprehensive Guide to Market Research went live, we’ve been hard at work on the next topic in our “Marketing 101” series. It’s called “Developing a Powerful Brand Positioning Strategy,” and it’s as much for long-established businesses who want to up their positioning game as it is for new businesses attempting to plot themselves on their respective industry maps.
No matter what stage your business is in, we’re committed to helping you distinguish your brand in your market’s minds by differentiating yourself in ways that are meaningful and compelling to your prospects. That’s positioning. And you can ultimately only do it well if you know three things: yourself, your competitors, and your target market. We show you how to get there in this content.
In keeping with the form of the other content on Zoho Academy, we walk you through what marketing masters Al Ries and Jack Trout have called “finding a window in the mind” of your market. Topics include:
- an introduction to brand positioning, including the elements that make a positioning strategy successful
- step-by-step approaches to discovering how your brand is currently perceived and determining your competitors’ brand positioning
- strategies for differentiating your brand so you can highlight your competitive advantage and the value you offer your market
- guidance on creating a customer persona so you can wield empathy as a tool in your positioning strategy
- approaches and best practices to writing your mission, vision, and core values statements, as well as a powerful value proposition and unique selling proposition
- tips, tricks, and templates for writing a brand positioning statement that will bring clarity to all your business strategies and support your marketing messages
- strategies for the “brand rollout”: how to fully implement your brand positioning strategy to live, breathe, and prove the claims you’ve made about your business and the value you offer your target market
Take a look, leave us some feedback, and come back for more! We’re already working on the next ebook for you (“Writing a Killer Marketing Plan”)… and in the meantime, there’s plenty of content up at Zoho Academy to help you market your business even better than you already are.