Here are some of the recent updates in Zoho Viewer:
1. Presentation Viewer
The presentation viewer has been enhanced. We now use Adobe Flash to display the presentations. Here are some highlights:
- No more fixed size. The slides now occupy the maximum space available on your browser window.
- The slide navigation bar has been enhanced and is now similar to Zoho Show.
- You can click on the Play icon to automatically run through the presentation (Auto Play) with 5 secs pause on each slide.
- Of course, you have the already existing SlideShow link and a new icon to view it in full screen.
- The upload and processing of presentations is now much faster.
Here is a screenshot of the new presentation viewer. Click on the image to open the online presentation.
Next, we are working on the PDF viewer. Online viewing of PDF files is one area where Zoho Viewer is lacking and we are fixing that.
2. API options
provide options to hide the links such as Edit, Print, Save, etc while
using our Viewer API to display private documents stored in your
servers. Refer http://api.wiki.zoho.com/View-a-Private-Document.html
for more information on the new options. Look out for the “displaylinks”
and “linkoptions” parameters. You will also notice a new “skey” parameter.
This is required if you want to send the document and bring up the viewer
securely over HTTPS.
3. Edit option now available for docx, xlsx and ppt files
We now display the Edit link for uploaded docx, xlsx and ppt files in addition to the already supported formats. Editing such files will open up the editors of Zoho Writer, Zoho Sheet and Zoho Show respectively. You can edit online and save (export) them to your system in various formats. Editing of pptx files will be available in a future version.
Let us know how you are using Zoho Viewer and what you will like to see in it. Send us your valuable feedback to email@example.com.