Table of Contents
You can assign an alternative name to identify your form fields. To provide an alias:
- Navigate to Settings > Field Alias.
- Here, you'll find a list of all your form's fields.
- Select the field from the drop-down and provide its alias in the text box provided.
- Click Save.
You can use this option to prefill your form fields. You will have to append the field alias and its value to the URL of your form. When the form is accessed, the page loads information into certain fields automatically.
To do so:
- Assign names to the fields whose value has to be prefilled by using the Field Alias option. You will be using this name in your URL.
- Access the public URL of your form. You will find it under the Share tab.
- Append the fields' values to your URL. If you are prefilling two or more fields, use an ampersand (&) after every field.
If you are looking to pre-fill fields 'Organization' and 'Department' with values 'Zylker' and 'Marketing', you must include ?dept=Marketing&org=Zylker to your URL. Here, 'dept' and 'org' are the field aliases for 'Department' and 'Organization' respectively. The URL should look like https://forms.zohopublic.com/.../?dept=Marketing&org=Zylker
If you have to pre-fill a multiple choice field, each choice needs to be created as a separate alias. For a multiple choice field, the URL with field alias will be as follows: https://forms.zohopublic.com/.../?fieldalias=option1&fieldalias=option2
If you have to pre-fill a dropdown field with group choices, each choice needs to be created as a separate alias. For a dropdown field, the URL with field alias will be as follows: https://forms.zohopublic.com/.../?fieldalias=option1&fieldalias=option2
Note: Make sure to specify the choices exactly like how it has been mentioned in your form.