Add a New Record in Zoho CRM
With the Zoho Forms and Zoho CRM integration, you can automatically push your form data into Zoho CRM modules as soon as someone fills out your form.
Table of Contents
To push your form's entries directly to CRM,
- Click the Integrate tab on your form builder.
- Under Zoho CRM, click the Integrate button.
- Select the required CRM module and layout.
- Map all the mandatory CRM fields to the corresponding fields in your form.
- To map more form fields to CRM fields, click on the Add field button.
- Select the CRM field from the drop-down provided. The form fields that are relevant to the selected field would be listed in the drop-down under Zoho Forms.
- If you have a Subform in Zoho Forms, you can map the Subform fields to the corresponding Subform fields in Zoho CRM.
- Map all the fields, select the necessary Actions to be performed on integration and then click on the Integrate button to save your settings.
Under Actions, you can choose to trigger certain actions in Zoho CRM every time a form submission comes in.
- Workflow: Select this option to trigger your workflows in Zoho CRM while adding entries via Zoho Forms.
- Attachment: Select this option to add attached files in Zoho Forms to your Zoho CRM account. The following attachments can be pushed from Forms to CRM:
- File upload/ Image Upload field attachments
- Merged documents (only the documents sent via email notifications can be pushed to CRM)
- PDF of form submissions
- Approval: Choose this option to automatically send form entries to your Zoho CRM approval list instead of adding them.
- Capture GCLID (Google Click ID): Determine the Adwords advertisement that brought a Lead/Contact to your website using this option. Capturing GCLID is necessary to obtain the Google AdWords information right inside your Zoho CRM account. The GCLID is passed to Zoho CRM, along with the information that you collect from the visitor who fills up your form. The following steps are mandatory for this action to function properly:
- Integrate your Zoho CRM account with Google AdWords. Follow the first four steps under the section Set up Google AdWords Integration.
- Integrate Zoho Forms with Zoho CRM.
- Click on the Capture GCLID check box. A pop-up appears. Copy the tracking code displayed and paste it in all the web pages in your website, right before the </body> tag.
- The tracking code keeps a record of the GCLID even if the visitor navigates to other pages before filling up your form.
5. Upsert Record: When you choose the Upsert Record option, if a record with the identical value exists in Zoho CRM, then it will be updated with the new values. If not, a new record will be created in Zoho CRM. You can arrange fields in the order in which upsert should happen.
Here's how upsert works:
For example, you arrange the Email field before the Company field. When a form is submitted with the Company as Zylker and Email as firstname.lastname@example.org,
- First, it's checked if the email email@example.com exists in the CRM. If it does, then the mapped fields get updated to the record associated with that email address.
- In case the email address firstname.lastname@example.org doesn't exist in your CRM, it's checked if Zylker exists under Company. If it does, then the mapped fields get updated to the record associated with that company name.
- If none of the field values exists, then a new record with all the mapped details is created under the mapped CRM module.
- You can also choose to overwrite existing values in Zoho CRM with empty field values from Zoho Forms or exclude empty values while upserting a record.
- Click Done and save your preferences.
6. Assignment Rules: When you choose this option, Assignment Rules defined in Zoho CRM can be triggered when form entries are added to a CRM module.
To do this, you must configure assignment rules in Zoho CRM under Setup > Automation > Assignment Rules. All the assignment rules configured for the selected module will be displayed in the drop-down. You can select one rule to trigger upon every new form submission.
- Tag Records: When you choose this option, you can add a tag to the records that are pushed to Zoho CRM. You can create a new tag or use form field values to tag records. You can also enter existing tag names created in Zoho CRM and the records will be associated with that tag.
Note: If you update or upsert a record, then the new tag will also be applied to the record.
You can integrate your forms with the following CRM modules:
Standard Modules: Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Potentials, Campaigns, Cases, Solutions, Products, Price Books, Vendors, Events, Tasks, and Calls.
Custom Modules: Zoho Forms can be integrated with all custom modules in Zoho CRM.
These are the Zoho Forms fields that can be mapped with the respective fields in Zoho CRM.
|S. No||CRM Field||Supported Form Fields|
|1||Single Line||Single Line, Multi Line, Name, Address, Phone, Email, Website, Unique ID, Dropdown, Radio, Multiple Choice, Checkbox, Matrix Choice, Image Choices, Number, Decimal, Currency, Slider, Rating, Formula, Date, Time, Date-Time, Referrer Name, IP Address, Terms & Conditions, Geolocation, Added Email ID, UTM Campaign Details, Payment Status, Payment Currency|
|2||Multi Line||Single Line, Multi Line, Name, Address, Phone, Email, Website, Unique ID, Dropdown, Radio, Multiple Choice, Checkbox, Matrix Choice, Image Choices, Number, Decimal, Currency, Slider, Rating, Formula, Date, Time, Date-Time, Referrer Name, Terms & Conditions, Geolocation, Added Email ID, UTM Campaign Details, Payment Status, Payment Currency|
|3||Single Line, Email, Added Email ID|
|4||Phone||Single Line, Phone|
|5||Pick List||Single Line, Dropdown, Radio, Matrix Choice, Image Choices, Terms & Conditions, UTM Campaign Details, Payment Status, Payment Currency|
|6||Multi Select||Multiple Choice, Checkbox, Matrix Choice, Image Choices|
|9||Number||Number, Slider, Rating|
|10||Currency||Currency, Payment Amount|
|11||Decimal||Decimal, Formula, Payment Amount|
|12||Percent||Decimal, Formula, Payment Amount|
|13||Long Integer||Number, Slider, Rating|
|15||URL||Single Line, Website|
To remove an integrated field, click on the minus ' - ' icon in the right corner of the fields.
To remove CRM integration altogether, click on the Remove integration button present in the Zoho CRM integration page and confirm the same.