Zoho Forms allows you to create forms for all of your business needs. You could either build a new form or modify an existing template using our drag-and-drop builder. When you sign in to Zoho Forms, the first page you see is the Home page, where you'll find all your forms.
Table of Contents
To create a new form:
- Click on New Form button on the top-right corner of the Home page.
- Name your form and give a description, if you wish to.
- Click on Create Form. The form builder will now be displayed.
We have created numerous templates for different verticals. You can even modify the templates to suit your needs. To use a template:
- Click the New Form button in the Home page.
- Choose the Form Templates option. The Template Gallery pop-up appears.
- Start using the prefered template by clicking on Use this template button at the top-right corner.
- The fields would now appear in your form builder. You can add or delete fields and change the theme if you wish.
Forms are made up of multiple fields. The form builder has a simple drag-and-drop interface, where you can drag the fields you require and drop them on the builder to start building your form.
Once you've built your form:
- Click on Save button on the top-right of the page.
- Find AccessForm button above the Save button, and Click on it.
Now a preview of your Form will open in a new tab.
You can change the Form title, modify your Form appearance from Label Placement, and Enable/Disable Geolocation for your forms from the Form Properties pane.
Change the Title of your form as required:
- Click on the form title in your builder.
- You can edit the title in the Form title text box that is present under the Properties pane.
If you want a description to be shown under the title, enter it in the Description text box.
Change the appearance of Field labels in your forms as required. To change Label Placement, follow these steps:
- Click on the title of your form.
- Under the Properties pane, you will find the Label Placement option. You can choose to place your labels at the top, left or right of the fields.
If you do not want the title to be displayed in your form, navigate to Settings > General and select the Hide option for the form Header.
Use geolocation to access your Respondents location when they submit a form.
To enable Geolocation for your Forms, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Form Builder.
- Click on the Title of your Form.
- Under the form properties pane, find Geolocation option.
- Choose Enable.
To access your submitter's geolocation,
- Find Home dropdown icon in the top menu of your Form Builder.
- Click on Reports.
- Open the Report for your Form. In case if you have not created a Report for the required Form, click here to know how to create a new Report.
- In the Report Builder, click Show/Hide Columns.
- Check Submitter's location, Submitter's latitude, and Submitter's longitude checkboxes.
Your submitter's location will be displayed for each entry in your report's Entries section.
To change the ownership of your form:
- Log in to your Zoho Forms account.
- Hover over the far-right of the required form to find the Change Ownership option and click on it.
- Read the alert in the pop-up that appears and click Proceed.
- The Change Form Ownership pop-up that appears shows the name of the form and its current owner.
- Start typing the Email address of the person to whom you want to transfer the form's ownership and choose the right one from the list.
- Click Change. The ownership of your form will be transferred to that user.
Note: Changing the form's ownership affects the integrations and payment field setup. The new form owner would have to reconfigure the integration and payment filed setup.
To enable or disable a form:
- Log in to your Zoho Forms account.
- Hover over the far-right of the required form to find the Enable/Disable option and click on it.
- In the pop-up box that appears, change the status by choosing the Enable or Disable option. By default, the Enable option will be selected for active forms.
- Click the Disable option to disable the form and specify a message to be displayed when respondents try to access the disabled form. Click Done.
- To enable a previously disabled form, just follow the above steps and select the Enable option.
To duplicate a form:
- Click on Home > Forms tabs at the top-left corner of the page and all your forms will be listed
- Hover over the name of the form that you want to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the duplicate form and click Create. You will now be taken to the builder of the duplicate form.
To delete a form:
- Click on Home > Forms tabs at the top-left corner of the page, and all your forms will be listed.
- Hover over the name of the form that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm deletion.