Report Automation (Beta)
Admins can reduce the time-consuming tasks of creating and submitting reports manually for their employees by enabling the report automation option. This feature lets users schedule automatic report generation and submission on a weekly or monthly basis.
The Report Automation feature is available for early access, email us at email@example.com to get access.
Enabling Report Automation
Admins can configure report automation preferences for their organization by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to Admin module in the left sidebar and click Settings.
- Click Report Automation under Automation.
- Click Enable.
Report Generation Preferences
Admins can set Report Generation Preferences. To set:
- Configure the report name template.
- Choose whether report generation should take place on a weekly or monthly basis from the report generation cycle dropdown option.
- Enter the necessary details such as the specific day or date.
- Enter the number of days and Zoho Expense will include expenses before the specified number of days from the scheduled day.For example, if you enter 4 in the Days field, then expenses dated 4 days before the scheduled date will be included in the auto generated report.
- Mark the Reminder option to notify users for creating expenses. Admins can set a maximum of three reminders for their users.
The reports will be generated at 8 AM on every scheduled day.
Report Submission Preferences
Admins can choose either an automatic or manual submission of reports on behalf of the users. To set preferences:
- Mark submit reports automatically option. In case of failure, admins can set reminders for users to submit their reports manually.
- Mark users will submit their reports manually. Admins can set up to three reminders to notify users to submit their reports manually after the report is generated.
Admins can opt to generate reports even if the user has no expense within the report generation period.
To skip automatic report generation and submission for specific roles, admins can perform the following:
- Mark the Skip Report Automation for specific roles option.
- Select the roles from the dropdown.
- Click Save.