How do I apply discounts on the bills I record in Zoho Books?
To apply discounts to the bills you record in Zoho Books, you will first have to choose the level at which you want to apply the discount. You can apply the discount either at the transaction level or at the line item level.
Insight: This preference cannnot be set at the organisation level as the discount preferences tend to vary from vendor to vendor and has to be chosen for each bill.
To apply discounts:
- Go to Purchases and then Bills.
- Record a new bill by clicking + New in the top-right corner or edit an existing bill to add the discount.
- Enter the required details such as the Vendor Name, Bill# and other details.
- Select the Discount Type above the item table. It could be at transaction level or line item level.
- Transaction level: Allows you to apply a discount on the entire bill amount.
- Line item level: Allows you to apply discounts on individual line items recorded in the bill.
- Click the dropdown near the discount column and select if you want the discount to be applied in percentage or the currency value.
- Enter other details and click Save.