How do I associate a stock account to an item while creating a bill?
If you create a bill for an item without inventory tracking, you cannot associate a stock account. Instead, you can choose a different account type or enable inventory tracking for that item.
To enable inventory tracking for a particular item, you will have to enable it in Settings first. Here’s how:
- Go to Setting > Preferences > Items.
- Check the Enable Inventory Tracking option and select the Inventory Start Date from when you want to track your inventory.
Once you’ve enabled inventory tracking, you can enable it for a particular item. To do this:
- Go to Items from the left sidebar.
- Select the item for which you want to track inventory.
- Check the Track Inventory for this item option.
- Choose the stock account from the Inventory Account dropdown.
- Enter the other necessary details and click Save.
Was this document helpful?
Let us know where we can improve
Thank you for your feedback!